Unit 37 archery elk hunt

B

bowhtr

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-12 AT 09:48AM (MST)[p]Anyone draw the archery elk hunt in unit 37?

Talked to a Lincoln COunty Sheriff's Deputy who said it's been raining a lot around Capitan this past week. I think we'll be ok come Sept.

Does anybody know of the areas on the north side of/in the wilderness areas along pine lodge road?

Anybody up for a scouting trip?

Have been in that area alot and never seen any elk yb. Cabin oners have mentioned seeing an elk cow one time before the fire.

>Have been in that area alot
>and never seen any elk
>yb. Cabin oners have mentioned
>seeing an elk cow one
>time before the fire.

No elk on that side? Haha your not serious.

I've seen large bulls and cows on both sides of the mountain. They are not super thick but I believe there are more now than there has been in recent history.You'll just have to study maps, look for reliable water sources, and scout. Get away from the roads and you should have a good hunt.

Yea I have seen some big bulls on that side also. There are a few canyons I would like to take closer looks at that I have never been to. The topos show some water.

Spent Saturday checking water holes and sign. Plenty of feed. Some water holes were dry and some were wet. Couple of good spot showers came through but they moved out quickly. I think we'll be ok.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom