Unit 39 Youth Archery Antelope

muleybucks

Has anyone done this hunt before? There is some water out there, but much of it is on private land and it's not clear who the landowners are.

Just curious how to run some of these folks down.

Thanks for any help.
Monte

[email protected]

Not sure what your boundaries are but several of the ranchers in that area allow hunters Take a road trip go out Blacks Creek road or out to the truck stop off I-84 & go north not sure what that road is called but it goes north & east !! there is a big ranch on the east side of the unit Diamond something its called & there are some good goats on it

@OLDHORNHUNTER,

Thank you. We have been through most of the open area SE of HWY 21 down to Mtn. Home, excluding the foothill type country. The water in the foothills is running in many of the creeks and the goats are spread out so not the best situation for archery hunting for a kid.

We have a couple of waterholes found on public land, but there seems to be more goats on the private ranch type ground.

We will keep at it and come up with a couple of options just in case.....

My 12 year old son and I thank you for your help.

Monte
[email protected]

there are a bunch of Good goats that hang out right along I-84 I see them off & on we drew that tag for rifle back in 1999 & killed 3 good ones smallest was over 14" biggest was over 15 1/2" we saw over a 100 goats a day !! they seem to stay in between Blacks Crk & the frwy !! I would go as soon as possible & start asking those ranchers .. I know that diamond ranch didn't like hunters coming up after the season started !! & of course we didn't find out about that ranch until it was a week in !! your welcome & good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom