UNIT 40 MULEY PICTURES

WAPITI39

I was lucky enough to finally draw the Unit 40 tag. I will be doing all of my own homework and footwork, not looking for anyones secret spot, rather I am curious to see Pictures of Deer taken in this unit in the past and the story behind them. If you dont mind sharing the pics I think everyone would like to see them and hopefully in November I will be able to add to the post as well. Thank you.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-09 AT 02:10PM (MST)[p]Congrads on the unit 40 draw, I drew 42 and would like to see some pictures of bucks from both units.

Negative.. I have applyed for unit 40 in the past but have never drawn a controled hunt tag. I think 40 is a better hunt than 42.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-09 AT 02:30PM (MST)[p]I hope to see some pics as well. Me and my buddy that drew are stoked ! I have taken several big Mule Deer in the past so I am willing to eat tag soup if I don't see what I am after.

My buddy will be happy with a 180 class, witch is a VERY NICE buck.

I wish you all the luck in Nov, post some pics and we will do the same.

Hey.... Did you see the post on "did anyone draw a unit 40 tag"?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-09 AT 03:48PM (MST)[p]WAP. I PM'd you and if you type in silentbroadhead in the search bar, you can see the buck I took last year. Came across three 180-200 class bucks in the same area and missed one of them. I ended up taking around a 174 net and 163 gross. Not what I wanted, but the rut was no longer in so I took what I could get.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-09 AT 03:49PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4a5270dc6475220a.jpg

Silent, Thank you for the info and that is a Dandy of a buck in my book thats for sure. Thank you for sharing the picture. Certainly gets me fired up for November.....

Congrats on the tags guys. I'm guessing there will be some pics coming from you guys this fall.

B4B - I guess you can start the picture posting with some of the big muledeer you have shot in the past. :)

I have no pics from dead bucks from unit 40. But my wife did draw it last year and she passed a couple of real nice bucks hoping for that monster. She ended up with tag soup.

On a good note though my dad was lucky enough to draw it this year so I'll be back in the area again.

IB

Silent
Thank you for sharing the pic, thats a great buck... Now you all cant tell me that nobody else on here has a picture of a Buck taken in the Unit 40 area of the Owyhees? If you have em please share em, help a brother out.. Thank you all.

Congrats on the draw it's very difficult to draw 40.I drew a couple year's ago the first buck i saw was a 33 inch 4x6 with eye guard's.I held off pullin the trigger for a couple of day's and wacked a 184 basiclly off a road couldn't pass him up when i figure out how to post a pic i will.As for the guy who drew 42 it's a hard hunt 40 has more deer then 42 41 combined but they do kill slammers in both of those units good luck if you need help iv'e got some great places for you to check out. pm me.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-09 AT 02:21PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-09 AT 02:20?PM (MST)

Heres one from 1990, I think it was the last year that it was an open hunt,Net 203 and change , grossed 196 and change.. I grew up hunting unit 40 we used to pull some damn fine bucks out of there,, Then it went to a draw and i haven't been able to draw a tag..
I'll tell you if and when i do draw a tag, There ain't no way i will squeeze the trigger on anything less than 200"..
I see 200 plus bucks there every year while bird hunting..

4a847541597d03c5.jpg

RUNAMUK
Thank you for posting the picture, that is a great deer. I will keep that in mind this year while hitting the hills and talking myself out of pulling the trigger on some deer. I cannot wait to see those Big Boys running around chasing tail.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-09 AT 04:07PM (MST)[p]Well, I want to say thank you to veryone who helped get me started on this hunt. I did not whack the Booner 30 plus inch everyone is looking for but it was agreat hunt and this deer fit my standards well and will look great on the wall and freezer. Roughly 25 inches wide or so 5x5.

so are u still holding your tag or do u have a toad to post???? either nobody has killed any big bucks or they are not posting any pics wheres all the late hunt monsters???

good deal where did u get him & how big??? my kid helped a few of his friends tag out down there they all got 4x4s the biggest scores a little over 175

I got him around the Silver City area. He was a 5x5 and roughly 25 inches wide or so, not sure on the score. I ahve no idea how to gauge that stuff. He had some neat symetrical kickers on him though. As soon as I can figure out how to post the pic I will for sure.

Congratulations on a nice buck. My son and I drew unit 40 last year and I got one about the size your saying. Posting pictures is pretty easy. Use the "Click here to upload your photo" then hit the browse button and find the file that has your jpg photo, then upload it. You may need to reduce it's size first. Then copy and paste the file name in your post. Then hit the preview post button and you should see the picture with your post.

nice buck looks like u were down pretty low?? we were sure thinking with all the rain we had this year that this was going to be an awesome year for some smoker bucks in 40 but so far everything I have seen killed are all around the same size..all real nice bucks but no jaw dropper toads..seems like 24 to 27 is as big as they got down there??? sweet buck congats man

I was pretty low really, he was on top of a big mesa with a group of 20 deer, three of them bucks and he was the largest of that group. All the bucks I saw were around that size you mentioned, a bunch of four pointers with shallow forks. This one had the most character and was nice and dark so I couldnt hold back the itchy finger any longer. Thank you much.

Looked like some decent country..we took a drive 2 saturdays ago & went up cow creek & around to trout creek & back never saw a deer one..we did see one guy with a decent 4x3 ..went last sunday for another drive/yote hunt saw maybe 10 deer all together walked several miles & called saw 1 buck way off that was about as wide as his ears..talked to a couple of guys in JV & they said they had not seen any big bucks coming out..one guy said he heard of a 28" 5x5..well all I can say is thanks F&G keep on killing all those forkies...& now they have entered unit 22 into the mix..but hell we dont need forkies & does to reproduce now do we????

Hey Wapiti Nice buck ! I hunted 11 days in 42 and finely found a nice buck, with lots of MASS!!!! Enjoy.

4b149a1570f67f1d.jpg

>Hey Wapiti Nice buck ! I
>hunted 11 days in 42
>and finely found a nice
>buck, with lots of MASS!!!!
>Enjoy.
>
>
4b149a1570f67f1d.jpg

Cool buck! Love the "tri-tops"! You need to tell us the story!...Please:)

I hope the hunt is more productive than this post. 36 threads and only 3 deer. Nice bucks guys. Good luck on your hunt.

I havent heard of any toads being taken in 40-41 or 42 this year..the biggest I saw on the ground was a 24" 4x4 real heavy scored just over 175... heard of a 28" taken but no Pics yet

Here's a nice one my dad took. 8x6 counting eyeguards, 29" wide and scored 188. We saw this buck three different times. My dad said he had enough so on the third day he shot him. Waited for the monsters that call this place home but it just never worked out. He's happy with him and that's all that matters.

P1120066.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom