Unit 41 Deer potential

Romulus

Had a friend draw unit 41 and just wondering what the trophy potential is. He hunted there about 7 years ago and had minimal success just wondering if the unit is better/worse etc. thanks

Well nothing has improved. But you can tell him a couple of things that are new. First all of the canyon lands out there are a wilderness area. That means every road within 5 miles of a canyon will be closed. I think some "might" be open but Crapo, and the BLM have yet to say what will be open. Now for the real good news. In the wilderness bill the Indians were given special rights to areas that are special to them. No one will be allowed in these areas. I heard it come from one of the Indians on a PBS show. If you are caught in a Indian area in the wilderness you WILL be arrested, Your TRUCK and EVERYTHING in it will be taken and you are $hit out of luck. When asked where are these areas, they said we can't say because we don't want anyone going there. So if you by accident end up in the wrong area you are going to an Indian jail and you will have everything taken. Boy I want to go hunting there. Some guys will see the "wilderness" status and say I want me some of that! They can have it. Now if he wants a BANGER whitetail I know where he can look. Ron

i tell you what. if a guy was in a "sacred" indian area that was not properly posted for all to see, or not on any designated maps, and someone tried to arrest said guy.....said guy should not go willingly....especially if it is a tribal cop. what a bunch of horse$hit! is the land more sacred than where their giant trash piles and junked out trailers are? i sure hope so!

just hunt with your attorney:) good luck and watch your top knot!!

You are right. I have talked to a couple of guys that have sheep tags. They are worried about the tribal cops. They said they will not be taken advantage of. Fact is if they have sacred areas they need to be posted so we don't cross the line. Someone is going to get shot. Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom