Unit 421 Anyone give me their Mule deer honey hole as long as your retired from it ?. Just a retired Missouri Officer & Marine just dont know area .

looking for a sweet spot in hunt unit 421 Collbran Colorado
I've never hunted 421 & can't help there, but a big question is :Do you have any Pref Points for deer in Colorado ? Take a look at: toprut.com , great information there on any unit any state any species. Super help to any Hunter !
I collect points every year in Colorado for every species. Wyoming is another state to collect points in if you have an interest there. The deer hunting there is poor in most situations, but antelope is usually very good unless a bad winter kill hits.
Best Wishes, Jerry Gold ? in Fort Collins, Colorado

I know about some deer units in Colorado, but have not hunted here extensively. Been collecting points & waiting to enter draws for quite a few years. Be glad to help you if I can.
Jerry Gold ? Fort Collins, Colorado

Wyoming deer hunting is poor eh? Yeah.
(not my photo)
But thanks for your Service.
img_2768-2-jpg.4880

It’s like the pan handlers you see sitting next to McDonald’s that has a cardboard sign that says “Veteran anything helps”

And Jerry is an idiot ---------- Wyoming is another state I guess he collects points....'deer hunting is poor' ? WTF
transplant from Cali I presume Or a Utard
I'm not a Cali or a Utard! The Wyoming deer hunting now as compared to some years back is NOT anything like then, same as Colorado. That's a fact. Sure, some isolated cases are still good, but that's why Colorado went to totally limited tags by units 21 years ago to try to get back some quality & quantity bucks. I'm 72 going on 73 & my Dad & friends hunted deer in both states in the '50's-- '60's & the bucks then versus now there is no comparison, numbers & quality both ! I saw them first hand then, & I see them now, like comparing apples to oranges its so different , not in a good way ! They don't call them the Good Ole Deer Days for nothing, fact. I will not say any more & resort to grade school name calling or arguing, I know of what I speak .
Jerry Gold ? Fort Collins, Colorado

You know what a deer looks like ? Drive around until you see one then follow it until it leads you to the mighty “herd” ! I’m pretty sure we’re all sick of the leverage game people try to play , be humble and you will be a lot better off !

My 2 cents- I'm not sure why so many people here found it appropriate to bash a guy looking for help from like-minded, or appreciative, fellow hunters. ... and notice he didn't say "veteran." He said "Marine" and Marines are a tight group who often look out for each other. I have no idea what this poster's personal character is like, but he's probably a reasonably stand-up guy. May I suggest that, until you know the dude, if you don't agree with his approach you just quietly let it pass. I wouldn't ask this way, but he was polite and didn't hurt anybody either. You don't have to help him, but you don't need to insult him either.

My 2 cents- I'm not sure why so many people here found it appropriate to bash a guy looking for help from like-minded, or appreciative, fellow hunters. ... and notice he didn't say "veteran." He said "Marine" and Marines are a tight group who often look out for each other. I have no idea what this poster's personal character is like, but he's probably a reasonably stand-up guy. May I suggest that, until you know the dude, if you don't agree with his approach you just quietly let it pass. I wouldn't ask this way, but he was polite and didn't hurt anybody either. You don't have to help him, but you don't need to insult him either.
Well said ! No need insulting him. I've had family from years ago in the USMC during WW 2 & Nam-- good people & good Marines, stand up people. Guys you can count on. Judge not until you meet him. Give him a break ! Jerry Gold ?

Here is how i see it, this guy just wants to hunt and like SO MANY others who live a long way from where he can hunt Mule deer ...etc .doesn't know the area. Being a veteran ( a Marine) and a Missouri officer ( ?) I am way more inclined to help guys like that. Truth is a certain amount of tags go to Res and a certain amount to NR. As a resident with knowledge it doesn't affect your odds in drawing one bit to help a NR . Those tags are out there and you can't pull them back to increase your chances. I often will help out an out of stater in areas I have knowledge in within my home state, I don't send them to the exact canyon I'll be hunting but I know of many other canyons that are good . I have been the recipient of MM guys helping me in states I drew not having direct knowledge. Thx Rich for your help in 67. SHALOM

If you end up interested in Wyoming, I’d hit up slightly sober, dude is a Wyoming legend,send him a pm