Unit 43 3rd Season

TxMulie

Hello!

A group of 4 of us will be elk hunting this unit. 2 cow tags and 2 bulls tags. We will be backpacking.

Been spending a lot of time on GE checking out the unit, and man, this is some steep country. We are all in pretty dang good shape, so hopefully we can make something happen. We were considering hiking into the Maroon Bells, but are still unsure. The west side of the unit looks a little more tame and accessible, but surely that will just attract more hunters. I know a guy that horsebacks up Avalanche creek in the earlier seasons and usually has great success. But well, no horses for us.

Are any you familiar with/experienced in this unit? Just looking for a little push in the right direction.

TIA

Ive spent most of my life in 43. Very big unit per say and the elk are scattered all across it. The country is tough to say the least... especially for someone coming from sea level or close to it. Very few people can honestly hunt it hard for an extended number days. You are welcome to PM and ill give you some ideas.

Coloradoboy

Actually 3rd season is one of my favorite times to hunt 43. A lot of great Bulls get killed every year in November when the elk start pushing down.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom