unit 45 youth deer hunt

wallhanger

Hello fellow monstermuleys enthusiasts. My son drew the thanksgiving hunt for unit 45 outside of santa fe for deer. We're taking the whole family, and will be camping for the long weekend. It will be our first time in there, and i'm hoping to find him a representative buck for the area. As of now, we're considering the hamilton mesa area, and tres ritas. Most likely, we'll start in the pinon and cedar country and move higher if we're not seeing deer.

Anyone familiar with the area, i'd love to hear if we're on the right track, or if you'd recommend another approach. The New Mexico guys have always seemed to be very helpful on this forum in the past, and I appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing what you all recommend.

Thanks,

WH

wallhanger,

where will you be camping at? I had first rifle for deer and passed few small bucks hoping for bigger but but came home empty hand..hunted hard for 5 days...a lot of doe's!!

saw at Grass Mountain from Iron gate...also hunt around Holy Ghost, Jack Creek and Cow Creek...only saw flocks of turkey and few Elk...

Good Luck..

vinihunt

Hey Vini-

We're still deciding whether to go in from the pecos side or tres ritas. typically, we just set up a primitive camp along the forest service road. If you have suggestions, i'm all ears. we're going in blind on this one. Thanks for the quick response.

WH

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom