Unit 47,54,55

MuleyMinor

Whats your thoughts on these units? It will be a muzzle loader during the rut? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think last time they had this hunt the odds were about 6-1. I don't consider that to bad for a rut hunt. I had a 55 rifle tag last year and will be putting in for the muzzy hunt this year.

Yea I have seen worse!!lol I hunted there in 2005 but have not been able to draw since then. I was just curious if the wolves have caused alot of problems in there with the mule deer?

>I think last time they had
>this hunt the odds were
>about 6-1. I don't
>consider that to bad for
>a rut hunt.
I don't know, I have not drawn a deer tag since 1999 and I apply every year for a hunt that has had between 3-1 to 5-1 over that time period. 6-1 still seems like long odds in my eyes. I think in 98 they had 125 tags and 786 1st choice apps. So 661 folks did not draw and this year it is 100 tags... ah I guess I'm just bitter that I have not drawn a controlled hunt tag in 11+ years and my OTC units get worse and worse every year.

>>I think last time they had
>>this hunt the odds were
>>about 6-1. I don't
>>consider that to bad for
>>a rut hunt.
>I don't know, I have not
>drawn a deer tag since
>1999 and I apply every
>year for a hunt that
>has had between 3-1 to
>5-1 over that time period.
>6-1 still seems like long
>odds in my eyes. I
>think in 98 they had
>125 tags and 786 1st
>choice apps. So 661 folks
>did not draw and this
>year it is 100 tags...
>ah I guess I'm just
>bitter that I have not
>drawn a controlled hunt tag
>in 11+ years and my
>OTC units get worse and
>worse every year.

You are do then. lol

Don't be bitter! I have put in for deer, elk, and antelope every single year since I was 12. I have drawn zero tags!!!! That has been 23 years! This is my year! I can feel it! I put in for the muzzleloader hunt this year!

I drew. But I also drew a snake river oregon bull tag for the same dates so I have not decided if I will take it or not. My dad had a bull tag over there last year and we did see some nice buck.

I will. I have never hunted deer there so it will be new sort of. I have hunted there many times for birds. Ron

I was lucky enough to draw this hunt this year. I look forward to checking out some new country.

My wife drew the late rifle tag in 47. I have never hunted the area before so it will be fun to learn a new area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom