unit 49 1st season elk help

silverstem

After 6 years my wife finally drew a 1st season bull tag. We scouted for 4 days and managed to find 3 bulls, 2 small 4 point rag horns and a small 6pt.We were disappointed in the quality and the low elk numbers. Was wondering if anyone has been doing any scouting in the same unit and want to swap info , or maby someone has hunted this unit in the past and be willing to share info. We would be more than willing to let hunters know where we have been seeing muleys, or help with other units that we have hunted in the past like units 21,3-4,55. P.M me if you would like and I will try and respond asap..

I will be hunting 49 muzzleloader this year. I would be happy to let you know what I find during muzzy. I have killed bulls in 49 in archery and am pretty familiar with the unit. They are there, keep scouting and I wouldn't shoot the first 4 pt you see... There are some studs in there. Good luck!

coloarcher, How did you do? I am headed up for 1st rifle with my father. I was able to do some early season scouting but I broke my foot 6 weeks ago and have been sidelined. I'll be ready to go next week, but I am taking it fairly easy right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom