Unit 52 Elk

I

ILArcher

We drew 2nd season archery tags for this unit, Sept 16-22 for our 3rd choice. Have done some research. Any advice? I've read the NW part of the unit is best but Kiowa outfitters have a big camp there and lots of other hunters too. Thanks.

Big camp?? Dont let that detere you at all. There is only so many hunters they have so go where you want it is public land.
Cruces basin is nice, but a ##### to pack out meat without a horse handy so be prepared or in super top shape.

The main road going in had some camps that had bulls hanging from trees last year so they had to be close to the road to get them out whole like that, none was huge but they was bulls and it seems like the camps that had horses was where the bulls was hanging but who know if that was a factor or not. The unit looks like a great unit.

A'h yes , my favorite unit , kinda like an old girl friend who was just a blast to be around and winding up at your door right after your current girl just droppedd ya....OK maybe that made zero sense, but it does light a fire for me......Yeah, o'h yeah BABY!!!!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom