unit 52

idropdead

I am thinking about hunting unit 52 but do not know anything about it, is it an easy draw, are a lot of elk, how about the terrain? All information will greatly appriciated.

You have to check the NMDGF site for draw odds,It will depend on if you are a R or NR and weapons choice. 52 has a large herd of elk.With a few quality bulls up to about 350. The terrain is relatively flat with alot of roads. I deer hunted it last year and saw bulls every morning. I think the hardest part will be drawin a tag...

CC

Unit 52 is an easier draw than alot of units depends on the weapon.
Easiest being the bow followed by the rifle the hardest tag to get is the Muzzle.
Terrain varries from steep all the way to moderate.
Good amount of elk in the area but not known for big bulls.

In the proclamation, bow and muzzle are listed as HD; so I would check the draw odds.

It is managed by NMG&F for opportunity, not trophy.
Terrain varies from steep all the way to moderate.

One thing to note; it is a travel restricted unit, NO motorized travel more than 300ft from designated roads! So you better like to wear out the boot leather.

51 is much harder ground to hunt than 52 but holds alot of elk. The 2s are know more for deer, they do have elk but not as many as 52 /51

Draw odds for 52, 2nd archery were 11% last year, 51 was 5.8%.

%2 draw odds for 2nd archery have varied between 8-20% over the last 5 years.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom