UNIT 53

adirondack

I am thinking about trying to draw a 53 4th season tag this year and am wondering how anyone made out or what was seen during the 4th season this year? Or if anyone hunted the 3rd season did they see good potential for next year?

I TALKED TO ONE HUNTER THAT SAID HE GOT A SHOT AT A REAL NICE BUCK, MOST GUYS WERE DISAPPOINTED WITH THE QUALITY & AGE CLASS OF BUCK THEY SAW.......ANOTHER GROUP TURNED THERE TAGS BACK IN AFTER THEY DID SOME PRESEASON SCOUTING. MY GROUP APPLIED ELSEWHERE WHERE THE WINTER OF 07 WAS NOT MUCH OF A FACTOR....YD.

I went third season and a buddy and I both had tags. I wasn't impressed. We took average bucks. I would not waste very many points in this unit.

Yukon, Was the other unit hit hard by the winter a few years ago? Just trying to eliminate some units.I hunted 53 3rd season this year and saw some deer. I am thinking it is still a few years away from haveing a good number of big deer.

YES IT WAS......SAW A LOT OF ELK........JUST A FEW DEER. I WOULD DO A LOT OF HOMEWORK BEFORE BURNING A BUNCH OF POINTS ON COLORADO DEER HUNTING. A LOT OF GUYS ARE JUST WAITING FOR THINGS TO IMPROVE BEFORE THEY JUMP BACK IN THE DEER DRAW. .....YD.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom