Unit 54/Unit 551

BowHuntr

Hey all,

Have the points for 3rd season deer as a NR. Trying to decide between these two units. I've been reading/researching for the past month. Still waiting on call backs from biologists, mainly wanting to talk about migration patterns within the units. Wondering if a majority of the deer winter in their respective units, or if some of them migrate into bordering units. It appears that the units have similiar amounts of summer range/winter range (Based on mapped figures).

Regardless, I understand the need for weather just before, or during those 3rd seasons to make the hunt somewhat more productive.

Anyone hunted the 3rd season in either of these units the past few years? PM me if you prefer. I would enjoy and appreciate any experiences or information you can share.

Thanks in advance.

J

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom