Unit 56 youth antelope

ofdscooby

My son drew a unit 56 youth antelope and he’s grinning ear to ear at the thought of heading out. We do not live in the area but are looking forward to the hunt. Looking for some town info hunter friendly hotels, restaurants, ect. Also what should I expect the weather to be in August in that part of the state. Thanks for the help....

We have had the antelope doe tag twice before and have it again this year. Stay in Clayton. Any hotel there is hunter friendly. The Kokopelli is a good one. It is going to be hot in August. Real hot.

Sweet thanks we’ve never taken an animal in August so the heat is a concern to me maybe a little more than it needs to be but I want the meat safe. Do you travel in the field with ice ready to go or just haul ass out of there once you have it opened up and gutted.

We have ice ready to go in October. No way near as hot as August, but why take the chance if you don’t have to. “Hotel” ice is cheap...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom