Unit 61,62,64,71,73 Antelope

blktailslayer

Gettign ready for my rifle antelope hunt in Unit 61,62,64,71,73. If anybody has any pictures of Antelope that were taken in the area, could you please share some pictures.

I want to get a general idea of the average buck in the area, so I know what type of buck I should hold off for. Also any tips would be greatly appreciated. I've never hunted the area but I'm planning a scouting trip sometime in July. Thanks in advance.

I have the same tag!

I am not going to be all that picky after about the first day maybe 2. this is my first time hunting goats so I just want a pretty one he doesnt have ot be a book buck.

Plus there are lots of tags for this hunt so I think they will get some pretty good pressure so I want to seal the deal quickly.

One advantage I have is my uncle lives in Elko and has a place noth of town that he goes to several times a week so he is scoping things out for me so I should have a bit of an advantage... I hope.

I have the same tag. I will be holding out for something around 75". From the people that I have talked to it doesn't sound like there are many 80+" lopes in the area. But it shouldn't be to hard to find something between 70-75".

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

aad636af.jpg

204b672c.jpg

4dc09449.jpg

Here's a couple pictures of mine from 2010 and one that i found pre season that i couldnt find again, there is a few bigger ones than him still running around but I was running out of time to hunt and he has a lot of mass. My taxidermist scored him right at 78 but it's not official. If I had the tag again I would stay away from the sunflower flats because that seems to be where everyone goes. Pm me for more information

Great pics. I too have a tag for zones 61-64,71,73. Sunflower is always brought up and I am looking to get away from the pressue. Did you hunt/scout around the Independence Mts. area ? How about Also half way up 225 on east side? Did you go north of Wild horse to an area caled JP desert? Thanks Ron

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-13 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]Got this guy back in 2010, I think. I did see lots of goats. But this guy was the one. I had scouted him out back in july of that same year. Killed him on the opening day. I had to wait him out like a frickin deer. He had bedded down in gully and didn't come out til 3 that afternoon, The wind was howling that day. Easy hunt for him, the kind I like. He scored right around 81, pretty good for those units.

2683file4551.jpg

9803file17414.jpg

Good luck on your hunt

I had a great hunt there in 2010. Although, it only lasted 45 minutes. I scouted for 5 days and took a 16" buck in the orange bridge area of the St. Marys river opening morning. It was blind luck to get a big one, but I did see a couple other decent 14" bucks. The antelope seemed to be scattered all over the place.
Hammnit.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom