Unit 61 Rack Now Hanging

Phantom Hunter

Very Active Member
Posted this in Taxi forum as well. Finally got my 2022 unit 61 elk rack hanging on the wall. Had a friend come help with engineering the hanger for the mesquite slab. Even got the ivories imbedded.

IMG_7294.jpeg

Mine is laying on my garage floor. ? Ran out of room to hang them. Given real estate climate no solution in sight. Could fit in a 30” walleye, if I can ever make that happen.

I filled one garage wall and wife allowed two to overflow into house…….195” deer & 330” elk. Not sure what to do at this point. Fish more?

Do want to give kudos for the elk quality of this unit 61. I had a fantastic hunt and had numerous encounters with great bulls. Much bigger than in the reviews I read.

Last edited:
I'd hang the trophies, can always get a new wife.
Wife is very tolerant. My mistake was getting shoulder mounts on too many smaller 130” type bucks while learning how to find the big ones. Should have just done euros.

BTW - Phantom Hunter very classy display with nice vaulted wood ceiling too. Much nicer than my garage.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom