unit 62 3rd season atv use

danshae

ive got a 3rd season tag and have heard that some of the roads can be torture on a truck.would a atv be helpful on this hunt?just dont want to pack it hundreds of miles if im not going to unload it.thanks for the help.

Take the ATV. Not only are the roads open to vehicles rough but there are many trails that are open only to ATV's. It will dramatically increase your range of hunting.

thanks for the response fellows it is much appreciated!hopefully it will be a great hunt and if so i will definately post some pics.ive tried to find info on atv trails in this country but have had no luck.any advice on trails or some makeshift roads that would get me further in country before the hiking begins?

Anywhere in the unit that isn't steeper than a cow's face will have wheeler trails and there will be plenty of other folks also on atv's to show you where the trails are!!!! LOL....I'm exagerrating.......ok, maybe I'm not.

Yes will need and shoud take your ATV and take extra gas. We hunted 62 in 06 and rode 32 miles one way each day to hunt. A little chill when the temps hit 2 but...

Rick Nolan

Kinda depends upon how close to the trailhead that you are camping. We have used 4wheelers extensively and then other years, we have never even unloaded them. Take more gas than you think you will need.

Before you die.....Take time to live

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom