Unit 62 Elk only early season

JSTWIG22

Was wondering what the weather has been like in Unit 62 ....If anyone has been there last few days , have the leaves fallen yet or is there still lots of cover? Any information would be appreciated....I will be there for the elk only season starting next Saturday , the 12th of Oct......looking forward to getting on the mountain! Hope to get lucky and have a chance at an elk! Thanks!

Oak and Aspen leaves are turning and falling more each day.
Was some snow within the last week but melting fast.
Use the high pressure this area gets to your advantage and stake out escape routes from the areas most will hunt.
Still lots of cover but I predict a very successful 1st season for you guys that have tags.
Best of luck.
Jerry

JST,

Been up there each day this week scouting for my uncle. He is coming down from WY for a bull, also in Unit 62. The colors sure are pretty right now! It's kind of a funny year for the leaves in my opinion. Some aspens are yellow and dropping fast, while others look like they are just thinking about turning yellow. The oakbrush is all turned where I have been scouting and not much has dropped at all. It has been more difficult to spot elk in the oakbrush this week because of the colors.

I think we will have lots of leaves on the brush still for the 1st Season hunt but that isn't a bad deal. Just have to tweak how you hunt a little. The weather has also warmed up considerably the past few days. Hopefully the temps drop a bit on the mountain for this weekend. No snow up there now but most roads in the dark timber are still muddy from the snow melt.

Jerry hit it right on - use the pressure to your advantage. After a few ours into the first morning a lot of elk will be bailing. Good luck to you!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom