Unit 67 Antelope

elkaholic123

Me and my friend drew 67 this year, we have never hunted antelope and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for where to camp and maybe an Idea of quality in this unit? Thanks for any help, Jerry

Camp on any BLM land that suits your fanny and the quality of bucks should be up this year with the moisture Wyoming has been getting most everywhere. Locals have been seeing some nice buck antelope in the various units throughout Spring and they should be good by the Fall season. If you have enough time to look at a bunch, you should be okay. Just don't shoot the first one you see like many first timers do and then wish they hadn't. Good luck!

thanks kilowatt, I went with the unit over the more traditional southern units because the dates fit better given I will be in Utah during September. Need to work on my judging ability.

I made the same mistake like a lot of first timer taking the first antelope I saw.
Since then, I have harvested 3 bigger bucks from the help of digital camera.

Hey there elkaholic, I drew that unit as well. Good luck on the hunt. I'll be going out there in August and let you know what I see. Thanks

340 Wby

Do a search on here for unit 67 info. There is a lot of info - including my report my our 2014 unit 67 hunt. Bottom line is that its nowhere near what it used to be but still a fun hunt. There is more water in the eastern part of the unit. Thats where we found most of the Antelope again last year. Good luck. Chip

Sure did. I only had a day and a half to spend on the unit. In total I saw 61 bucks and 4 were in the high 70's or low 80's (if my judging ability is anywhere near accurate) I think opening weekend will be quite busy but the unit is fairly large. I had originally planned on going in October but work has changed my plans so I'm going back out there the 17th and staying for opening week.

How about you? Been out there? When are you going?

Saw a guy driving a Toyota Tundra with a quad in the back on Monday evening, who had an absolute toad strapped to his quad. He was coming out of the Gas Hills area in 67. Massive buck with great prongs. Had to be well over 85"

Good for him! I saw one two days before opening that had at least 30 does must have been at 16-17", great mass and long prongs. Never saw him again though I tried and tried......

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom