Unit 70 4th deer

nontypical

Long Time Member
It would appear that I should draw this tag with 12 nr pts.

Any info on this hunt would be greatly appreciated.

I would be glad to return the favor with info on SW Wyoming or anything else I could help with.

Thanks

Cliff

Wished I could help. All I can say is good luck as I'm from SW wyo myself and never hunted in Colorado. I would think a 4th season hunt would be great though!!!

I am also in the draw with 12 points. we will see if our points will get us the tag. point creep could be nasty this year

Nontypical were in the same boat,i hope that boat don't sink....good luck...it should be a good tag to have.

Son and I are also in for 70 4th season with 12 nr points. I had thought this was a sure draw but not so sure now.

>Son and I are also in
>for 70 4th season with
>12 nr points. I had
>thought this was a sure
>draw but not so sure
>now.

Uh oh.....I have 15 points! No worries....I did not put in due to a hunt in Montana, but I have been dishing out info on unit 70. Best of luck to all!

In light of recent info, it appears I MAY NOT draw this tag!! LOL.

Thanks to all for the info provided so far!

LAST EDITED ON May-23-16 AT 08:50PM (MST)[p]I guess i slipped in with 12....i know of more than a couple that did not draw at 12 points

Did any of you that have a 500 code also apply for a deer tag as a second choice? If so, you don't know if you drew your first or second choice, only that you drew a deer tag.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

No second choice for us. ColoradoOak I guess I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I know unit 70 should not have been
affected by this past winter. As for me I want out of the points game in a huge way and to be able to do it with my son is a dream come true. We are not experienced enough to
go to any unit and kill true trophy's. If we can see a fair
amount of deer and some reasonable sized bucks with plenty
of room to do this we will be in heaven. Can't wait.

Nontypical doesn't draw tags lol. Especially Wyoming tags!!
I draw with max points only; and Wy residents don't have a point system for deer, elk, antelope. So I'm pretty well screwed in Wyoming. I know...Whaaa! But on the bright side, I get to hunt with all my buddies who keep drawing Wyoming tags! YeeHaw!!!!!

If there was 11 NR tags and 12 applied, I'd be #12. I know.....WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Good luck to you HMH.

After almost 20 years of applying, I will be chasing Nevada bull elk with a bow!

So I actually do draw tags sometimes. It just takes me 15-20 years.

nontypical, congrads and have fun on your Nevada hunt. if you decide to go for unit 70 next year you can expect a full report out from me. next year I will burn my elk points in Colorado, then I can start hunting lower units and not accumulate so many points even though this is really the 1st time I tried to draw in the last 13 years.
Treed

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom