Unit 70 or 75 for muleys?

ClarkW

I have 2 points and am torn between the 3rd season in unit 70 or the 4th in unit 75. I am nervous applying for units I have never been in. My goal of course would be a nice buck, but on this one I would rather be seeing several bucks daily than only a few better bucks in a week (if that makes sense). anyone been in either of these units or on these hunts that can provide me with what I could expect there? Thanks for the info. I appreciate it more than you'll know!

I have hunted Unit75 3rd season the last two years. The first year, I saw probably a dozen mature bucks in the 150-170" range, on public land. I shot a four point on the last day. This buck was barely a four point. I certainly saw bigger bucks than him during the hunt. Last year, I saw one buck on public land. I saw dozens of good bucks on private land around Bayfield. Again, I shot a four point on private land on the last day. If I had not had the opportunity to hunt private land on the last day, I probably would have went fishing instead. I personally would not burn two points on a Unit75 4th season unless I have access to private land. During the 4th season, I believe most of the deer will be down low on the private land. If I ever put in for Unit 75 again, it will be the 2nd season when the deer are mostly still up on the National Forest and not down on private. There is some low BLM country, but it is usually packed with and army of orange-clad hunters. I know nothing about Unit 70. Hope this helps

Unit 70 a good unit in the third season especially if there is early snow on top to drive the deer down. Good luck!

I was in 70 last year and hated it. Lots of hunters, the deer migrate to private, and never saw a buck over 150 in 6 days. I thought we hit it pretty good, and maybe someone else has better news than me, but I would look elsewhere personally.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom