Unit 72 , 73 deer- Good genetics/quality??

T264

After doing some digging, I may have a place to hunt in Units 72 & 73 for deer. I have been told it is mostly low country, with lots of farming, but huge deer. Any opinions or experiences?

T264

I have some friends in the area that say there are some really good deer in those farms in the low country. Good luck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Thats what I am being told as well. I would prefer more of a "mountain" hunt but if the low country will produce a biggun or 2, I will probably try it.

T264

Do you have permission to hunt some private land? If not, you had better head to the high country.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>Do you have permission to hunt
>some private land? If
>not, you had better head
>to the high country.
>
>txhunter58
>
>venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore
>I am)

Yes it is several pieces of private ranch land

I've seen some big elk in those units as well. Alot of dry land, bean fields, mixed with pinon and cedar

Picture004.jpg

unit 72

not all private land hold deer and elk, but some places in those units hold great deer and elk.
Hope the private land you are going to hunt has the animals.
Good luck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

72 is my stomping grounds i have a ton of privet but deer are and have been a bit thin compared to what it use to be .Not saying its bad cause its not .But 73 is were i have been finding a lot of big deer many over 200 even on public land .

Im pretty sure that pic has the blues in it if it were the ute mtn it would of been taken from the rez.I could be wrong though .pic looks like west of 666 tword the blues

>The natives say he is going
>to raise up in the
>last days and blow away
>all the white man.

>Im pretty sure that pic has
>the blues in it if
>it were the ute mtn
>it would of been taken
>from the rez.I could be
>wrong though .pic looks like
>west of 666 tword the
>blues
>
>
>>The natives say he is going
>>to raise up in the
>>last days and blow away
>>all the white man.

The main legend is as follows, the Sleeping Ute Mountain was a great warrior God who came to help fight against evil ones who were causing much trouble.
As they fought their feet pushed the land into mountains and valleys. This is how the country of this region came to be as it is today.
They say the great warrior god was hurt, so he lay down to rest and fell into a deep sleep.

The blood from his wound turned into living water for all creatures to drink.

When clouds settle over the ute mtn, it's a sign he's changing his blankets for the different seasons. Light green means spring, dark green summer, red fall and white winter.
They also believe when clouds are on the highest peak he's pleased with them and yes they say he will rise again and fight their enemies.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-12 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-12 AT 09:04?PM (MST)

I was sure it was the blues !!!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom