Unit 8 Arizona Bull

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
78840unit8bull2018.jpg
Hunted this year late season elk in Arizona. Saw plenty of bulls. Shot this one at 520 yards with 7mm mag

Nice job! If I may ask, what tactics did you use? Just trying to learn how to hunt them when they aren't bugling.

Spot and stalk? Water?

Nice bull and shot!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Glass, glass, glass and more. Its helpful to find water nearby, even though they don't need it as much due to the precipation in the early morning on there feed. But water nearby is a bonus. I hope I draw this tag again real soon. Being a non-resident its not real easy. Thanks for the comments. Anyone wants to guess his size?

Pic from the front? How wide?? I'm going with average measurements from the bulls we see and kill in 8 and gonna say 338"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-18 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]Great bull. Congrats ! pictures are tough for judging size and I'm always concerned about offending someone. But since you asked - 315. Congratulations again on a fine bull.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-18 AT 09:49AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/85392unit8bull2018.jpg
40272elkhuntunit82.jpg

Heres 2 more.

Really good bull and cool extra points and not broken. I judge him as a don't think, shoot bull:) Congratulations!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom