Unit 87

J

jackjr

I see that unit 87 for deer has pretty good draw odds with max points. I have read some stuff on 87 and sounds like its a decent unit. My question is why is the draw odds so good if it is a good unit. In your opinion is it worth burning max points on. I know it might not be for you guys that know a bunch of areas to hunt. But for a non resident looking to hunt deer for the first time in wyoming and have a chance at getting a decent buck. what do you think?

Thanks

it all depends on what you want. i think you could find a decent buck there and have a good hunt but i don't think it is that big of a step up from a couple of the easy to draw with the special tag second choice hunts. these words haunt me for wyoming deer, you only have max points once!

Thanks for the info. I have seen the post about 87 in the arcives. Its just I cant decide if I want to wait for years to draw a tag that might be better. I would like to kill a monster buck as much as the next guy but I like to hunt too. So if I can go hunting with good friends and get some decent bucks that is a good trip to me.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom