Unit 9 Arizona

buglingbigbulls

After 20 years of putting in I have drawn an Archery elk tag in unit #9. I am struggling to come up with enough dough to pay for an outfitter. If any one out there can help me out I certainly would appreciate it. Iv'e killed lots of Bulls in my time with my bow. I'm in great shape and shoot as good as a guy who has been shooting a Bow for 35 years can.

One concern is I have been tracking moisture and it seems as though theirs been none all winter in to the summer now.

I have not been able to check the unit I'm a long ways away and can't get off work. Being a full days drive doesn't allow me to do weekends. Any ideas on about the unit would be helpful.

My plan is to get there around September 1st and try to find some shooters. I am looking for a caller thats got experience. I can call yet you know as well as I do as a shooter I need some one down 60-80 120 yards away sucking him to me. Any body that can help that might live close enough and has a little time give me a shout.

If you have been scouting and want to PM me Pleas do!!!
Thanks in advance. BBB

Use this link to the Tusayan remote weather station if you want to keep tabs on what's going on. I generally use the 4 bullet down on the left "Monthly Summary." It'll default to the current month, but you can go back to any month in the past.

https://wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/rawMAIN.pl?azATUS

I had the archery tag in 2009 and it was hot and dry and we heard hardly any bugling. We went unguided DIY and both my partner and I killed 320" bulls. I was a fun hunt, but I was hoping for better.

GOOGLE EARTH!!!!!! That's where your answers are....don't take it the wrong way... their just people wishing they had your problem..its hot and dry find the water!!!!

Never hunted unit 9, but get yourself a map from flatline maps!!! I beleive unit 9 is available. Awesome source they list all the info on water sources private land etc.

Watch Steve Chappell's TV show ELK CAMP on the Sportsman's Channel. Tonights episode is my friends muzzy bull hunt from Unit 9 last year.

PM sent

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Unit 9 is always a very dry unit in general and always produces some great bulls.As of last weekend any water that is on the flatline map has 5 to 9 cameras on it. the east and west side are both great. find an area that you prefer and start to learn what the elk do. it will be a great experience and hunt.

If you want a not so great hunt show up and try getting on to hunt water. just hunt around it and use it to your advantage.

>After 20 years of putting in
>I have drawn an Archery
>elk tag in unit #9.
>I am struggling to come
>up with enough dough to
>pay for an outfitter. If
>any one out there can
>help me out I certainly
>would appreciate it. Iv'e killed
>lots of Bulls in my
>time with my bow. I'm
>in great shape and shoot
>as good as a guy
>who has been shooting
>a Bow for 35 years
>can.
>
>One concern is I have been
>tracking moisture and it seems
>as though theirs been none
>all winter in to the
>summer now.
>
>I have not been able to
>check the unit I'm a
>long ways away and can't
>get off work. Being
>a full days drive doesn't
>allow me to do weekends.
> Any ideas on about
>the unit would be helpful.
>
>
>My plan is to get there
>around September 1st and try
>to find some shooters.
>I am looking for a
>caller thats got experience. I
>can call yet you know
>as well as I do
>as a shooter I need
>some one down 60-80 120
>yards away sucking him to
>me. Any body that
>can help that might live
>close enough and has a
>little time give me a
>shout.
>
>If you have been scouting and
>want to PM me Pleas
>do!!!
>Thanks in advance. BBB

With 20pts ya may want to think about turning it back in and trying again next year. It's rough up there.

Happy Hunting

Hearing the same thing that the antler growth in 9 is pretty bad this year. Anybody else scouting the surrounding units and noticing the same?

They still grow. Don't worry.HUNT. Th e problem is the few crooked outfitters who think they own water holes on public land . I could name them but I won't............BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom