Unit 9 first muzzleloader partner wanted

ToddT

I finally drew a unit 9 first muzzleloader - even though it isn't a top notch unit it took several years to draw. The reason I put this as a third choice is that I hunted it in 2008 and am slightly familiar with the area. I put in alone as no one else had the money for the tag - actually I had to borrow the money to apply, especially with all the draws going on at that time. Regardless, I will be alone, and though I went alone in 08, for a quality hunt, I would prefer to atleast share a base camp with someone, for the obvious reason of safety, but equally as much for comraderie. As mentioned I have a small amount of knowledge of the area and took a decent 260ish bull on the second day of that hunt, but would appreciate some company. I do have all my gear as well as a wall tent, so sharing a campsite and conversation over a campfire would be fine, I am not asking if someone can babysit, guide, or even lodge me - but if you do have room in a tent camper, etc., that would be a bonus as I wouldn't have to bring my entire truckload of gear and could possibly fly. If anyone is interested you can email at [email protected], or PM me here. Thanks, and good luck to all that drew.

Hey Todd I think I shared our camp with you last time you visited Mount Taylor. I walked up on you when you were gutting an elk in my secret location(LOL). Then we had drinks later that night.
-Steve

Thats me, I finally drew a New Mexico tag. I was hoping to spread out and hunt some other areas, but hoped to spend some time in your honey hole as well. Will you be hunting there this year? Seeya, Todd.

Me and my kids got 3 tags. They are hunting MT Taylor in November for either sex and I scored a tag on the Cochiti indian reservation. I also drew for for "coues deer" down south on the boot heel (1 of the 24 available).Ive heard of some other sweet spots in 9 im goin to scout in September.Ill let you know

That would be great if you could keep me posted as you mention, then after my hunt I would be glad to send you a report as well, that may help for the later hunts or in the future. Seeya.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom