unit 98 antelope

opbuckslayer

Was just wondering how the antelope population has recovered in 98 and if its worth burning our 5 1/2 points on for a 3 generation family hunt? Not looking for 80 inchers just lots of goats to chase around with a chance at respectable bucks. Thanks

98's my backyard and theres no way in hell i would burn 5 1/2 points.Lopes #'s and size just ain't there to justify a NR tag imho.I'd prolly look into 93 or 100.

My $0.02 for free.

"Word of the day..legs..spread the word"

I scouted the unit this year for a friend that had a doe tag. You will be able to find antelope and some bucks but the kicker is that you won't see as many as compared to years past. In my opinion there are better units that you could use your points on and see more antelope. The thing with Wyoming antelope hunts is if you can shoot straight you can find antelope and fill tags. I have hunted 6 or 7 different units and I have noticed that there are units that have more antelope in them compared to others. 98 will provide you with opportunity to fill a tag or two with a little effort. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Drew 93 last year with 6 points, then 98 this year with 0 points. I was disappointed overall in the numbers and quality. Read my hunt report at the top of the forum for a blow by blow account. Shot a heavy 14" but that was the best I could turn up. Plenty to shoot if you're not selective.

Thanks guys for the breakdown of the unit. We tried to do this hunt a couple years ago in 75 but didnt draw due to point creep. Was hoping for a decent unit out west but point creep could do us in again if the units jump another 1/2 point like last year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The list of 4-5 1/2 pt units are: 47,48,59,66,72,73,75,77,78,80,81,82,83,89,90,91,94,98,99,100

We have 6 kids going along and would like to be in an area with a chance to draw some doe/fawn licenses as well. Lots of choices and want to make the right one to make it a blast for grandpa and grandkids. Thanks

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom