Unit71/711 CO 3rd

hnterbucks123

Hello,

I am not new to the forum but have a new username. I recently scored a 3rd season tag for unit 711/71 in CO. Im excited to get out and hunt this fall. I have never been to the unit and know little about it. I have been doing lots of research and going over maps. Any information or starting points would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

what was your old username??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>what was your old username??
>
>
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You're gettin Personal there Homer!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>>what was your old username??
>>
>>
>>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>
>
>You're gettin Personal there Homer!
>
I might have been born at night.....but it wasn't last night.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I would look up on Lizard Head or the Dutton area if it was me, but I have not hunted that area in over 20 years just my 2 cents worth.

The deer are dispersed across the unit and from high to low. Its been very dry here so water may play a factor if things dont change soon. Steep dark and deep almost always works but someone seems to tip one over driving thru the oak flats every year also.

Hunt the type of country you like most and enjoy the mountains.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-19 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Hunt the borders of the private land, hunt the Oak brush they bed up hill.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My family has hunted that area for years and I was able to take my wife back for her first trip last year as she drew the only deer tag in the fam. Got her a 172? 4x4 and that's about the best buck that unit produces these days, not saying there isn't bigger running around and that area around Dolores produces some great bucks every once in awhile! When the snow piles up high, hunt the area around Disappointment Canyon as the animals drop through there to winter from lizard head area. Also hunting the low oak brush canyons in salter Y area always produces a great deer, get off in the steep oak canyons and glass your eyes out, that's where we killed my wife?s buck plus a couple bulls. Hope this helps and good luck man! -Travis

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom