Units 7&8 4th season?

muleycrazy23

Hi I have a buddy that got a leftover 4th season tag for these units. We have never been to those units and just plan on hunting opening weekend and thats it unless its really good. We dont have the time to go up there and take a look around before the season so we are going up blind. Does anyone have any info on the unit or have hunted there in the past. We are just looking for a place to start and some places to look around so we arent wasting our time the whole weekend. Thanks guys

Elk move north into Wyoming or near the Co border in November. Exactly when depends on the weather and amount of snow. 4th Rifle this year starts November 17th so it's kinda late compared to last year. Don't bother with the southern part of the unit. It will have snow and access because of snow will likely be very limited. Try your luck around Bull Mountain, if you can get up there. Or the north western part of the 80C road... I doubt you will even be able to get much south of 4 corners. But again, depends on the weather.

We hunt 7 occasionally, but earlier. I bought a leftover tag for my son last year, 4th season that started on November 11th. We had a weekend to kill and I thought it would be a good scouting trip if nothing else. Lots of snow and tough to get around. No elk but a few deer. Personally I'd try trading it for a 2nd or 3rd season tag especially with it being so late this year. There will be lots more elk in the country and you will be able to get around much better... Bull Mountain is always good if you get away from the roads... Good luck!

I had a 4th season tag one time and the snow arround Bull Mountain made it diffacult to access the area.
I agree with trading for a second season tag if possible.If not take a snow mobile along.

RE: Units 7&8 deer 4th season?

Thanks for the info guys. I forgot to add in my post that its a buck tag. I have a 4wheeler that were going to take to get around on so access shouldnt be a problem unless we get a bad snowstorm in the next few weeks.

RE: Units 7&8 deer 4th season?

Don't know why I assumed an elk tag... My son and his buddy have deer tags for that hunt, so you're on your own ;-)

I don't think the ATV will be much use honestly... Can't drive them on the roads anyway and there will almost definitely be lots of snow on the roads where they are allowed. You will only get it stuck... Get a map, pick some public ground and get away from the roads. Bucks will be rutting BIG TIME!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom