Used up the...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...some deli roast beef on a bolillo last night for a quickie French dip sandwich with fries. I put the first use up as today's archive entry.

dipRB.JPG

dipRB2.JPG

I had the exact same slicer & messed it up about two years ago. I was using the pusher thingie & hit the blade. It broke a plastic gear, rendering the whole thing useless since the part wasn't available. I threw it in the trash. If I had to do it over, I probably could have someone with one of those 3D printer dealies make a dupe for me.

This one has been repaired so many times it's funny. It's the Eveready bunny of slicers! When things break or get lost, I substitute - It has a bolt from the chain link fence holding it together, stainless washers on the meat side for proper spacing, couple of lock nuts and lock washers on the other side.

This one has been repaired so many times it's funny. It's the Eveready bunny of slicers! When things break or get lost, I substitute - It has a bolt from the chain link fence holding it together, stainless washers on the meat side for proper spacing, couple of lock nuts and lock washers on the other side.
I had several of those types, but the right gear with cogs was elusive. I spent hours online looking for used ones at a decent price, but everyone thought the one they owned was made of gold.

Btw, I just remembered -- it was a metal gear. And low & behold, I just searched eBay.

Rival Electric Food 1101E/4 Slicer Blade Gear Screw Washer Replacement Part​

Condition:
Used

Price:
US $23.90

Plus $4.90 Shipping

1642611958563.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom