Utah 2nd Choice Shoe In??

EROCK1313

Just curious.....in Utah if I were to put in for a Henry's Archery as 1st Choice and Book Cliffs Archery as Second Choice and assuming I wasn't one lucky SOB who draws one of the Henry's random tags; would my Second Choice (the Book Cliffs)pretty much be a Guaranteed with 9 points?

For reference, I am a Utah resident and will be applying as a group with 1 other (resident) who also has 9pts.

Thanks in Advance!

**I'm posting this in both the Mule Deer Forum and the General Forum in hopes of a good consensus.***[/i}

?-ERock-> ?

In Utah the only way you can draw a second choice is IF the unit is undersubscribed with hunters (meaning if not enough hunters put in to get rid of the tags) It doesn't matter how many points you have. Second choice in Utah is pretty much a guaranteed no-draw. I don't know of one limited entry unit that has been undersubscribed. Good luck on the draw
catman

I dont think you would be a shoe in for 2nd choice because the ones that listed 1st choice would draw first I think the only way for you to draw 2nd choice would be if there were tags left over after the first choice drew.

A Shoe In?

LMAO!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-11 AT 04:35AM (MST)[p]Maybe if they combine the points--Pref and Bonus into one point pool on deer in 2012------

All 5 choices would count with your points but if ya drew 1 of the 5 choices---bye-bye points---.

Robb

Best idea I have heard in a while Robb.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

That would really mix things up..High points guys holding out for the Henries tags could be passed by lower guys who bought deer points just because you could with no intent of going general deer hunting...there are some with 11 general deer points...

I'd say get no more than your max in the current limited entry pool, and loose all when you draw...then really good idea!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom