Utah Anterless draw

ibhunting

I got 2 charges for the anterless draw on my credit card today the wife and i will hunting cow elk and either doe antelope or deer also

I drew a cow tag also and couldnt be more excited. I have never hunted elk and figure this is a good way to get into it. Congrats and don't pay any attention to the idiot post above.

Sweet! Which tag did you draw? My first elk was a cow and was one of my most memorable hunts. Have fun and enjoy the steaks! Guess I will have to check my credit card.

Congrats on the tag and a great hunt this fall. Great way to get meat in the freezer, enjoy the outdoors, wildlife and help manage the herds.

Guys like you Redrock are not even wiping my big fat zit covered freakn ass with. If cow elk hunting is not your forte, thats fine, I respect your opinion. But others are ok with putting meat in the freezer and getting thier family out and enjoying one of the many freedoms so many have died for. You dont need to let the corn infested crap spew from your mouth towards them. Congrats ibhunting. Hoping and waiting to see if I get mine this year. If so, I will be having my 7 year old daughter out and stuck to my side letting her experience the thrill and excitement first hand. I am not too proud to be a billy bad ass and admit I will gladly take a cow tag for an oppertunity to get my kids and family involved.

Right on! I was hoping my wife would draw one, but we only got hit for $25 so its only a skinheaded deer or lope.

The herds are already in bad shape let's kill all the ones that make more. Idiots

last time i checked it takes 2 to make more.
Go back to tu idiot!

hornkiller.jpg

Checking my card, I got hit for my Manti Cow! Sorry redrock, I am going to put some meat in the freezer and my little girl and two sons will be having a blast doing it there redrock. After we get some back straps on the table and say our blessing, we will pray for forgiveness for exterminating the herd. I can say that hunting too many cows can be devistating to herd like we have all seen bud but I don't know where you are hunting but its not where I am at. the cows are running like rabbits and don't feel bad playing my role in trying to manage them. Sorry.

I hope you real hunters have lots of fun. Go shoot some coyotes instead of the cows and tell them little ones of yours that you are trying to help the herd out. That would be the thing to do but hunting coyotes is probably to hard for you. So go shoot (not hunt) them so called cows that are running around like ants. That's got to be tuff.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-11 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]Redrock, as a newby do me a favor. Don't come on here condeming and knocking a guy for drawing a tag for something some people enjoy, just shut your pie hole and keep it to yourself. I dont say a thing to you about how wrong you are for your hobby of live trapping squirells for the sole intent of but plugging them before you put them on the frying pan or catching some dogs to put some peanut butter on the noodle for them to naw on. If you think a dog is going to be better table fare than elk, god bless. If that is your thing, more power to ya bud. I am not going to come on here and tell you what a "F##K head" you are. There are enough pricks running around that push thier ways on others here and you are not needed to add to the list. Go play with your doggies and shoot the herd bucks and bulls only, take them out of the breeding pool so the herds can thrive and enjoy.

Jesus this redrock is an idiot!!! Someone should smack the ##### outta him

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I shouldn't..... but I will.

Rockhed, You're an idiot.

The Ut elk herds are in great shape and in most cases well above objective. Cow harvest makes sense. Period.

I've had a great hunting career punctuated with many trophy animals from 3 continents and 7 countries. I have over 50 mounted trophies. I have the Grand Slam of wild sheep and nearing the Super Slam in North America. I still enjoy an antlerless hunt.

I GOT ON HERE AND BRAGGED ABOUT A DARN COW HUNT THAT MY WIFE AND I HAD LAST YEAR. It was tough yet good clean fun ... and delicious meat. And, I got to kill something while you were at home playing with yourself. Go try to make something of yourself so you can afford to do a few things in life. It's all about how we keep score.

Try to get over yourself little man! If it's not your cup-o-tea, then fine, but keep you idiotic comments to yourself.

Zeke

Oh, by the way, I hope my youngest daughter draws her cow tag. What are you going to say to her, ya little plick?

I love it zeke! Damn kid is as dumb as a box of schit

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

You boys can't take it cause you know I'm right. Zeke you are my hero what a stud.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-11 AT 08:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-11 AT 08:39?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-11 AT 08:38?PM (MST)

Wow!!!!!

Tell me...what is your background Redrock? Are you or were you ever a guide? Maybe a Fish and Game employee or a wildlife biologist? I would like to know how you are able to make deductions such as those you have made.

I'm no bashing you at all. I have always know herd management requires healthy harvest of both sexes unless it is a depredation/cull situation. Maybe I was taught wrong or maybe you know something I don't know. I do know the state would never stupidly just issue tags and allow herds to diminish as you have stated.

P.S. I really don't think anybody here wants to "take it"...especially from you.

Are you just upset you didn't get a tag this year and feel the need to bash others who will get to hunt?

im not a utah res.so i did'nt get the whole scoop on what im gonna ask but....

2 or 3 years ago did the state of utah issue a BOATLOAD of cow elk tags for a unit in southern utah and then before the hunt opened decided the elk #'s was not what they thought and put a stop to the hunt??

id be one pissed off mofo if this happened to me,

the 2 cow elk and the 2 doe lope's i hope to kill sure are gonna eat good....

"i snatch kiss's and vice versa"

Just ask rockhead, must be where he lives. The elk in the state of Utah are on the verge of being endangered. Thats why he can't find that many elk so naturaly it's because of all the people who also hunt antlerless hunts on top of thier antlered hunts. The DWR will be yanking all the tags this year. KPB, the state has over issued cow tags on some units from time to time and damage was done some years, I don't think most people will argue that. But not state wide year after year. Most herds here still need managment on both ends. Good luck to you on your hunts.

Yup that's correct Mr. utahbigbull. The Ut F&G has made a few errors in the past but by-in-large they have done a fine job with the elk.

To make a blanket statement that killing a cow elk is bad or wrong or easy or stupid, is simply misguided and off base. Even the trophy bulls benefit when some cows are removed.

Hey Mr. Redrock, I should not have called you names. I do feel like your comments were ignorant, offbase and misguided. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I should respect that.

Zeke

Ha HAA Great news... It looks like my 68 year old dad from VT and I will get the chance to hunt elk together again this year!!!! YES it is a cow hunt and we will hunt hard just like we have in years past. Dad doesn't put in for the LE bull tags for two reasons. First as a retired out of state'r the tag is just too expensive and secondly per him "you can't eat the horns!", no doubt cows eat better than old bulls. He has done the general bull hunt with me and has taken a nice 5x5 but he also knows for the one trip a year that he can make out here the cow hunt has a higher success rate than the general bull hunt! As for me, now that I have a cow tag I will pass on rag horn and spike bulls in hopes they get a chance to mature. Not to mention the fact that ANY chance I get to hunt with my dad, be it rabbit, whitetail, yotes or cow elk I will jump at the chance!

utahbigbull,
thanks for your reply,mabey i was think'n of another state.

vt glad to hear you can still hunt with your pop's,id give up the farm to have one more year hunt'n with my papa.

good luck and be safe on your hunts,

"I snatch kiss's and vice versa"

Looks like I drew a CWMU cow elk tag, thanks for the heads up.

I eat elk meat three times a week, we live on elk meat and I wouldn't have it any other way. So Redrock, you can kiss my harry butt cheeks!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-11 AT 07:43PM (MST)[p]
Another brilliant moment there redrock. It's ok, you can call me whatever you want little buddy, I don't mind. I know it has to be frustrating having to be the one getting picked on while riding the little bus to school, getting picked on at school, no one sits by you at lunch time, and EVERYONE here calling you an idiot. :( I will stand up for ya little buddy.

Mentally Challenged:
Refers to those whose IQ is below 70-75 and who lack proper adaptive social behavior. Around 3% of the population has some form of mental retardation. As a group, mentally retarded children walk and talk later, are slightly shorter and are usually more susceptible to physical problems and illnesses than other children. They also generally score lower on tests of motor ability and physical fitness, although this is more due to neglect and lack of opportunity to improve than their disability.

Teaching Tips:

Never underestimate these students' abilities.

Give lots of praise. Let a child repeat a success several times so they can enjoy their sense of accomplishment.

Provide prompt feedback.

Divide tasks into small meaningful steps and present them to the student sequentially.

Put safety first. Remind students of the safety rules and make sure non-disabled students are careful around their disabled peers.

Minimize verbal instruction and emphasize concrete learning experiences. Make any necessary verbal instruction as simple as possible.

Limit distractions as much as possible. Keep the activity area clean and well ordered and store any equipment not currently in use out of sight.

Teach them good health and safety practices such as showering after an activity, keeping gym clothes clean, not throwing a bat, etc.

Be prepared to repeat directions at a later time.

That is funny. Who is the one with the problem. It looks like to me that you are the one with the problem. You have to go shoot a female to make yourself feel like a man. That can't really be fun can it. How do you even clean one of them females it doesn't even have a handle to pull on. Make sure you wait until January to kill it to so that way you can make sure she is pregnant. That way you can get two for the price of one. That is what they do up here in the basin. They cut the live calfs out and stomp em in the head. Real Manly. Is that what you do bigcow. Go get em mam.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-11 AT 09:51PM (MST)[p]It's ok little buddy. You just explained your problem. I will be your little utahbigcow as long as it makes you happy little buddy. I can not hold a grudge against all of the worlds "specail people" who do not have the brain capacity to be anything but narrow minded. Everyone over here hunts coyotes to shoot them then put thier little winkie in thier butt. I won't hold that against you though little buddy. After all, thats what they do here so everyone must do that right? Keep riding the little bus little buddy.
Love ya
Utahbigcow

p.s. if you can not figure out how to field dress an animal wether male or female parts are there, stay on the little bus instead of going in the field little buddy.

Sweet, I got my elk tag, and so did my dad and my brother.. Wow, 3 tags. by the statistics, we weren't even going to draw one.

This will be my first elk hunt, and I look forward to spending it with my uncle (he didn't draw, but he has horses :) )

This is kind of a funny thread..

Funny stuff there Utahbigbull ...but I'm reminded of that old saying ...... Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, Even if you win, you're still a retard..... Just sayin.... No doubt RR is a DB but nothing you say is going to change that....

I think I now know why Redcock is so sensitive when it comes to the females of the species. Here he is headed out for a night on the town:

sheepmanmotorcycle.jpg

If we did all your way...we'd have no bulls to mate with all the cows. Thanks for wishing the demise of the elk herd :)

Credentials please.....

Redrock,
I have no direct issue with you but, I would like to share a little something with you. In 2006 my grandpa, who was an avid hunter his entire life, killed his first elk at the age of 80. Just so happens it was a cow on a CWMU. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. This past year he drew another cow elk tag. He was able to connect just after Thanksgiving. I saw him do things on that hunt I didn't think he was able to do considering his age and health. In January he went in the hospital and never came home. We buried him with military honors in March after an extended stay in a veteran's home. What an awesome thing it is for me to think that the last big thing my grandpa did was kill an elk. Say what you want Redrock about antlerless hunts and antlerless hunters but, some of the best memories I have are associated with antlerless hunts. The first elk I got was a cow, the first elk my dad ever took was on the same cow hunt with my grandpa in 2006, my wife and sister both took their first elk on cow hunts. While you may not agree with antlerless hunts, please have enough respect to keep your condeming comments to yourself. When you attack fellow sportsmen and sportswomen you are no better than the anti-hunting crowd who would like nothing more than to see hunting stopped. Oh, one last thing, I would tag along as a youngster with my grandpa when he would go check his coyote traps. Back in the day he also night hunted religiously for coyotes and bobcats. I would dare say that he has removed more coyotes than you ever will. I think he was more than due to take a couple of cow elk. Don't you think you could cut him (and others like him) a little slack for taking advantage of opportunities given them to get out and enjoy what they love, no matter how they choose to do it?

I have to agree there VTelk, it is to the point of wasting time and energy on the "specail" little buddy. He is more than entitled to his idolocical way of thinking that everyone goes for the "two for one" specail. I'm letting the matter lie from here on out.

regularjoe, you summed it up better in that one post than I have been able to this whole thread. God bless your Grandpa and may he rest in peace and I am forever in debt of his service to this country and everyone including redrock that lives in it!

Regularjoe nothing wrong with what you posted. Good for your grand dad and your memories sounds like he was a good man. It is the dwr that gives out all these tags starting in aug and running through feb. Wtf is that all about winter is hard enough on them let alone these utards chasing them in the middlle of winter flock shooting who knows how many. That sounds like just what Utahbigcow would do. Like I said shoot em in Jan and feb when they are packing calfs that way you get two for the price of one.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-11 AT 10:37PM (MST)[p]"##### anterless hunters. I wouldn't brag about that". Just wondering RR, why don't you tell regularjoe that about his grandpa like you did from your very first post? You just proved youself a bigger ass than I ever could have. My job here is done RR and will not waste any more of my time. Hope you have a suscessful season and you fill all your tags.

Well said regularjoe. As I read your post, it brought back many memories and even a tear to my remembering Pa. I have to say this because I have shared many of those unforgettable experiences with regularjoe and his family. I to have been able to put meat on my table through antler less permits. I usually don't get to involved in these ridiculous comments, but to Redrock I say up yours! Oh by the way I drew a cow tag on two bear.

Jeff

Congrats Luther. I wish you the best of luck and hope we can all make more lasting memories in the field with our friends, family and loved ones.

>Make
>sure you wait until January
>to kill it to so
>that way you can make
>sure she is pregnant. That
>way you can get two
>for the price of one.
>That is what they do
>up here in the basin.
>They cut the live calfs
>out and stomp em in
>the head. Real Manly.
>

Alright dude.....heres my story.

This past Thanksgiving day, I arrowed a really good ewe. Once I found her and put her out of her misery( I made a bad shot and found her as fast as I could) I discovered the worst thing to happen to me in a while. She was pregnant with a ram.

I will be honest, I shed a tear. I was so mad at myself.

It hit harder for me because my wife was pregnant at the same time with our daughter.

Mind you this was after dark by this time and we had a turkey in the oil. I ran back to the truck two miles, fetched my e-tool, and ran back. I took an hour of my life to bury the little guy. I missed the one really good dinner of the year to make sure I made things as right as I could.

Redrock...if you are speaking the truth about these sickos "stomping" on unborn calfs....please PM their contact information. I take serious offense to this and will have a word with them. If you made this up......dude, STFU before you make a bigger dumbass of yourself and offend me, please.

Z, I am sorry to hear. I know that the antlerless hunts are not for everyone and hearing stories like that is understandable why. I am sorry to hear of your experience.
I too would undoubtedly be PISSED and take action if anyone was in it for the RR two for one specail and having the lack of respect for an unborn animal like that. We sould all try taking the responsibility of an antlerless tag and making it an ethical hunt. I will try to make sure beyond a doubt that the cow I harvest has no youngster by its side. I will never harvest a yearling calf. Mistakes are made just as mistakes are made by people hunting antlered game.
Doing what you did for that unborn was definatley the right thing to do as a man, a hunter and a sportsman and look up to you for sharing your story.

We need to give redrock a break... The thing about him is that he never really did too well with the ladies... Since then he has vowed only to harvest bucks and bulls so that he can handle a real set of genitals.

How did i miss this one.. Cant stop laughing about them pics posted. UTAH BIG COW huh... ha ha im gonna have to remember that one. Although 6'7 295 i think im gonna change that to UTAH BIGGER COW. Just joshin ya Robb this post has made my day. Zit infest ars eh sounds like you need to give that a scrub or two. ha RR sounds like quite the guy.

You are too busy on the recieving end of me Jason to worry about the view of my 6'7" 295 lb. arse :)
Hope the honeymoon road trip went well. Find hooker this weekend and get me some better pics would ya?

Redrock I have always enjoyed reading the posts on this forum and never had anything to say so I haven't ever joined until now. Reading your uneducated and insecure comments is very irritating and disrespectful. I to along with Luther have had the opportunity to spend time with regularjoe and Pa on hunts and given the opportunity I would take 20 cow hunts with regularjoe and Pa as opposed to one trophy hunt by myself. As previously mentioned antlerless hunts serve a purpose. The DWR takes into consideration the fact that cow elk or whatever antlerless animal it may be, may possibly be carrying an unborn calf or fawn etc. when determining how many antlerless tags to issue for a given area. That is part of the management of the species. Anterless hunts are not an uncommon thing and are done all across the country in different states. In my mind if you are so closed minded to this type of hunting and so uneducated about the management of game species you are just as bad as the anti hunting crowd. By the way I too drew not only an antlerless elk tag but I also drew a 2 doe antelope tag, and my family and I are going to enjoy every moment of both hunts.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom