Utah Archery Big Blackie

Bocephus

LAST EDITED ON May-22-10 AT 01:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-22-10 AT 01:42?PM (MST)
3365bear_kill_038.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-22-10 AT 01:41?PM (MST)

I was able to whack this big boy Thursday night when he came in to get dinner. This has been the most rewarding hunt that I have had the opportunity to participate in. All the gas, time, dumpster diving for bait, hikes through 2 and 3 ft snow, finally paid off with an eighteen yard broadside shot on a 340 lb beast. All the credit goes to my family and friends that helped with the process. My wife, Wade, J-dawg, even my Mom helped pack in bait and treestands. I had the ulimate guide once again in my Dad, he has taught me everything I know and we have shared some awesome experiences. This ranks right up there with the best of them. It was the second night we sat the bait, and we had pictures of this big ole boy and i had decided that he was the one I wanted. At about 7:45 pm the wind died off and it became perfectly calm, a few minutes later we caught movement to our right and saw Roly Poly making his way to the bait. I began to shake like a leaf, unitll i heard my Dad whisper "Just Kill'em, Just Kill'em!!!" I pulled myself together and with one well placed Tekan out of my Diamond Iceman the bear was down within 50 yards of the bait. We rolled him into a snow bank and the next morning with much needed help we were able to wheelbarrow him 1/2 mile back to the wheelers. What a great hunt!!! A big old bruin in a wheelbarrow with four grown men trying to wheel him over rocks and stumps and creeks is a sight to be seen....Just ask my wife!!!

6040bear_kill_038.jpg

That is a great bear! Congrats!

I am officially addicted to bear hunting. Nothing like getting out in the spring and going on a hunt.

That is a great bear! Congratulations on a hard, well earned trophy! Nice to be able to share the hunt with your Dad too!

Not that at all. Utahns are just dumb enough to post pictures of everything they see and kill and give out all info on the how's and where they had success with no regard to the future or any idea how may people view these message boards.

And then they wonder why they can't draw that area again and the quality has gone way down on "their area"

I have no problem with people sharing their success stories or posting pics, but come on do you really need to give out all the details..
Not even the major magazines post this kind of info, but to each his own I guess...

wow, Dr. Death you obviously don't know me or my family or have read the whole story about the kill, I would be the last one to divulge a honey hole.......I hope that was a general coment, and not directed in our direction....nuff said

Hey Doc, Utah is a fairly large state and I didnt see where Bocephus gave any details about a specific area. Besides I for one enjoy hearing a little bit of info on how the hunt transpired. That is a nice bear and I see nothing wrong with the story...just a dumb utahn saying congrats Bocephus.

Dr._Death, I guess you're right! People shouldnt share anything in these hunting forums. We shouldnt share photos and success pictures and tell the exciting stories of how it all went down and the emotions that we felt. Nor should we give kudos to all the family and hunting buddies who were there to experience the success and help in the harvesting of a trophy animal. We shouldnt take the time to share the "personal side" of hunting and why it's such a passion for us with the thousands of other hunters and outdoorsman who enjoy hearing a success story every now and again. I guess you're right, Dr._Death. We should all just keep that "useless trivial information" for ourselves and lock it up in our selfish little photo album and let it gather dust....not tip our cards.....not share anything....just keep our heads down and keep our selfish little hunting stories to ourselves.
Real good call there, Dr._Death.
Or, we can post pics for all to enjoy and hope that somewhere down the road the favor will be returned. I love reading a good hunting story here on MM and I hope to continue to read more. BIG THANKS for all those who feel compelled to post up pics on this site, to share information and give a few fellow outdoorsman a good tip or a story. Kudos to you, Bocephus. Keep it rolling buddy!!!

I hope that was a general coment, and not directed in our direction....nuff said

This is exactly what I was saying. Nothing against you or your family. I appreciate the story and pictures, and thus the reason I visit and post on the forums.

Congrats on a Great Bear and family adventure.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-03-10 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]>Dr._Death, I guess you're right! People
>shouldnt share anything in these
>hunting forums. We shouldnt share
>photos and success pictures and
>tell the exciting stories of
>how it all went down
>and the emotions that we
>felt. Nor should we give
>kudos to all the family
>and hunting buddies who were
>there to experience the success
>and help in the harvesting
>of a trophy animal. We
>shouldnt take the time to
>share the "personal side" of
>hunting and why it's such
>a passion for us with
>the thousands of other hunters
>and outdoorsman who enjoy hearing
>a success story every now
>and again. I guess you're
>right, Dr._Death. We should all
>just keep that "useless trivial
>information" for ourselves and lock
>it up in our selfish
>little photo album and let
>it gather dust....not tip our
>cards.....not share anything....just keep our
>heads down and keep our
>selfish little hunting stories to
>ourselves.

Wasn't saying at all that we should share pictures and give details of how the hunt went down and who was involved.

I am against sharing information on the where and #'s of animals seen at those locations. This is a general comment not pointed at any one person or family.

here here kippy couldnt have said it any better! and as we all know here on mm there always has to be one debbie downer to each post. way to wackem and stackem cephus!

j dawg

Congrats on a great Bear, Wish your wife took some Video, It would be great to watch you guys trying to push 340 lbs of dead weight is a small wheelbarrow. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

So witch canyon was that big boar in again bosephus???
J/k dr. death dont piont the finger at utards just there wildlife management

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom