Utah credit card charge process

BBB

Very Active Member
I'm curious in what order cards are charged in Utah. Is it by species, by hunt, or by hunter's last name? I have a theory...This year, I've noticed with friends and myself that those with last names lower in the alphabet were charged a bit early. For example, my last name begins with B. I (or my wife) was charged days ago for a LE buck hunt. I've been watching as my friends get charged that my theory has been accurate, although it is probably plain luck it worked out that way.

So please, someone prove me wrong so I can go on with my life. I have a friend with the last name "Z" that has great faith in my theory right now. I also have a friend with the last name S, who should be easily drawing an archery tag who has not seen a charge to his card. Anyone with a last name that starts with a letter high-up in the alphabet that has already seen charges on their card?

-Curious

Last name starts with O, hits came today. My buddy last name starts with A and his hits came today as well.

last name starts with an S, everyone in my family that hunts puts in on one card (4 hunters)and about an hour ago the first hit showed up for 3 general season tags. i hope thats not all we got, we had pretty good odds for some le hunts. BBB, did you get my PM? not sure if it went through.

If they are hitting cards now why does it take so long to post the official results, what a backward state, almost as messed up as WDFW.

Last name starts with P and my card authorized on the 11th, but posted yesterday afternoon. I don't see it until it posts, but is says when it actually authorized. I would guess that your theory is false.

my last name starts with H and i got hit yesterday morning early like 4 am. i heard they do it by hunt like general than Le than cwmu, or in what ever order, but thats through the grapevine

"Shoot Strait"

My last name starts with L and I was charged no later than Sat. evening. My charge came thru Sunday night, midnight. Based on the balance drop, I figured it was charged Friday eve.

A little off topic here but, NV uses the same company as UT for the big game draw. The only reason all the results are so late getting posted, is because of all the credit card processing and mailings that need to be done after the draw takes place. Why wait! Last year NV required the results to be posted 2 days after the actual draw took place....(Of course there is a disclaimer warning that the results are tentative to actual payment being received and all the other legal talk.)
Maybe UT would want to look into this for next year's draw? You could find out the draw results weeks earlier. Even before the NV application deadline for hunters that put in over here.

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Huntinfanatic,

Ya, I got the PM. Thanks!

Maybe my theory has been busted...but I won't tell Mr. Z that for a couple more days...

last name starts with a G. borther LE Elk came out monday, Nephews tags came out tues, Uncles LE elk came out today, Mothers deer came out yesterday.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-10 AT 11:49AM (MST)[p]The biggest problem in determining your theory is that some people are watching there card balance to see if they have pending charges and some are seeing it post on there statement. When a credit card is ran it effects you availible balance and shows as a pending charge on your account but does not post to your statement until the funding is completed which can take 0 to 5 days depending on the card. I am guessing those showing hits today and yesterday had there cards hit over the weekend or monday and are now just seeing it post to there statement.

Sorry to say but I think the charging is done, call your cc company and ask for pending charges if there is none from the UTah bucks and bull your probobly out of luck like me!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-10 AT 12:14PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-10
>AT 11:49?AM (MST)

>
>The biggest problem in determining your
>theory is that some people
>are watching there card balance
>to see if they have
>pending charges and some are
>seeing it post on there
>statement. When a credit
>card is ran it effects
>you availible balance and shows
>as a pending charge on
>your account but does not
>post to your statement until
>the funding is completed which
>can take 0 to 5
>days depending on the card.

nope.....I have been checking "pending" charges...and that's where it showed up this morning.

----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

What about alphabetically by unit? Has anyone drawn a Vernon or West desert tag? I gotta keep up hope as I put in for Vernon. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom