Utah Deer

They take the average of the 2 people and that's how many points it ends up being. So go from there. I'm guessing your talking about limited entry deer nonresident Most places for muzzleloader only give out a few tags. The most I think is the book cliffs and they only gave out 8 total tags. A lot of the other places only give out 1 tag to max point and the other to all the rest. And ones like Henry's only gives out 1 so you couldn't put in together..... So idk good luck man

In Utah they average and round down which would put you at 7 points. That still leaves you a couple years shy of being guaranteed any limited muzzleloader deer hunt. Looks like from last years odds your best chances would probably be Diamond Mtn, or Vernon. Of those units I would go Vernon, but your odds would probably not be too great on drawing yet.

Thanks Muzz and Lundell

I have 3 points and my cousin has 12. So he wants to share. I can't complain about that. I am a former dedicated hunter program guy and still have some Elk and Moose points too.I worked near Tooele and drove by Vernon and by Fairfield for years just haven't Hunted Vernon before- although I ran over a deer once and it totaled my car.
I know Nebo, Monticello and the Book Cliffs areas from hunting. Isn't Diamond Mtn tough because of Private land and Colorado borders?

RE: Thanks Muzz and Lundell

Diamond Mtn does have a lot of private ground to contend with and it does border Colorado, but there is still plenty of good huntable area. Well I guess I should say last time I was up that way, but it's been a few years. I think I'd try for Vernon since you are all ready somewhat familiar with the area. I think it is a better quality area anyway. I guess I should have asked before I replied the first time are you a resident? The stats I was going off before was for non-res. It actually looks like it would be worse for a resident. You could throw the bookcliffs in the pot as well it looks like it has odds in the same ball park as the other 2.

RE: Thanks Muzz and Lundell

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-14 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]Thanks Muzz -I'm nonres. I was a resident from 2000-2005.I lived in Central Utah by Mt Nebo and knew that area the best . I know that area is bad now. Thanks I know Idaho and Utah have low deer numbers.

Smoke a "Pack" a day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom