Utah draw Question?

Redbowman

Does Utah still allow you to apply for a Big Game permit as long as your Hunting license is current at the time of your application? My current Utah license is good till 4/6/24 and I want to apply online for a permit on 3/22/24.

I’m thinking about applying for a general season Preference point this year. My current hunting license from last year is still valid for now but my question is will I need to buy a new hunting license in order to get the preference point?
Thanks

I'm pretty sure DWR already knows about the loophole

Screenshot_20240320_204619_Drive.jpg

If you wanted to change a choice after the proposed tag quotas are posted, would that be considered an application submission and require a new license?

In today's hunting applications, this right here is the wildest thing to me. Not only do you not have to buy another to apply but don't even have to buy one for your hunt.

If you wanted to change a choice after the proposed tag quotas are posted, would that be considered an application submission and require a new license?
Very good question! I’m sure there is someone who could answer it but I wouldn’t know. I’m interested in finding out because I went ahead and picked up my preference point today and thought it might buy me some time to decide if I want to apply for a hunt Later in the application Period. I believe my license will expire soon.

Not if your license has not expired yet. I think you have to pay the fee for applying again and if your license expired between your original app. and your choice change you have to buy a new license for the current year.

You can't and don't have to buy two licenses for the same year.

What'Ya Waiting For?

Bucks In this State To Get Bigger?

Before You Get All PISSY!

I'm Just RAZZIN Ya!:D

Very good question! I’m sure there is someone who could answer it but I wouldn’t know. I’m interested in finding out because I went ahead and picked up my preference point today and thought it might buy me some time to decide if I want to apply for a hunt Later in the application Period. I believe my license will expire soon.

I am applying before my license expires. Based on last year, I think I have a chance (really), but just one more or less nonresident tag makes a huge difference in my odds or what else I might want even more. Guess if I have to buy the licence after the proposed stage numbers come out, so be it:)

What'Ya Waiting For?

Bucks In this State To Get Bigger?

Before You Get All PISSY!

I'm Just RAZZIN Ya!:D

Yes, I know you’re just Razzin.
All and good fun.
Since my son and I are now on waiting periods for limited entry, I’m thinking about what to do with the preference points we’ve accumulated over the years.
He’s not really interested in hunting Utah again, but I may be.
Any ideas?

modifying an app isn't a new app submission
This is what I’m hoping. When I applied for a preference point only I was hoping I would be able to modify it to a hunt choice later, if I decide to.
My current hunting license must have only been valid until the 21st. the day I applied. I tried to look it up the next day on the app, but it didn’t come up. Only a fishing license. I don’t know how I got a fishing license. I don’t even fish lol.

So you can now edit your application without a fee(new this year), I would think that means you can change yours to a unit rather than just a point without a new qualifying license. But I could be wrong about that.

Before the new rule you had to withdraw your application, and then re-submit a new one and pay another $10 fee. Now you can edit it without the fee.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom