Utah Elk with 4 points

upmuley

Is it worth staying in? I am 34 and live east of the Miss and probably will not hunt Utah in the next few years unless I draw an LE tag. Having to now put up for the license first is it a waste of my money?

Just plan on living at least to your 50 years old to draw a LE tag. Still worth it or at least thats what I tell myself.

Ransom

I just keep donating for the points, i've only got 8. Getting closer!!! worth it??? , i think so. I get to hunt a general unit til i do put in for the draw

keep putting in or you've wasted the 4 years that you have.Up your odds with a muzzey tag in 4 years?

Its still cheaper than Az, Nv, and Idaho all wanting $150 or so..

Every year people with 0 or 2,3 points draw so dont give up hope..look at all the 14yo that draw the first year they put in...heck I wonder if I say Im a 14yo girl I will draw my Moose tag??

I say if you can afford it , keep putting in. I lost 4 points in AZ when I had my new house built and it hurts , even more so that they increased the gen hunt fee.....Somebodys got draw right?

With Utah's current system, there is always a chance to draw but if you look at the odds and point bracket you are in, form a statistical stand point,--you really are are out of the race and have a very slim chance to draw in the next 15-20 years.

You would be much better off taking the money spent on the license putting it and another $900.00 bucks a year into a 15 year CD draw a bit of interest and come hunt on of Utah's CWMUs in 15 years (if they are still around by then). For 10-15k you can hunt some of the better units and have a real chance to harvest a 350+ bull given status quo.

Shawn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom