utah gunsmith

Goldberg

Folks- i don't postmuch, but have followed for many years. I searched, but could not find much- i am looking for a gunsmith in the Utah area, south west WY included. i have a remington 700 semi-custom rifle out of their custom shop i bought new a number of years ago- very nice shooter in it's day, but i shot the barrel out using poor judgement and hot loads. i took it to a fairly well known northern ut. smith, last march. Evidently, they have had some internal issues, and were not able to finish it. i got it back as a box of parts, with some machine work done. i wanted a match grade barrel, and the action blue printed. i am looking for a good reputable outfit that will be able to finish it and make it into a great shooter. any ideas?? I appreciate any help any one can provide- i for sure will not be taking it back to have it finished at the place i had it for 9 months, even if they get their issues solved

If you don't mind shipping it to Colorado, google "Weaver rifles. You won't be disappointed. Many guys on here have had Kevin build their rifles.

Thanks, i appreciate the input- maybe i should expand my request to include any one who has had custom work done. My mistake this last time was not asking enough questions and not getting good references. I would not mind shipping the firearm, but was hoping someone had some quality experience close by. I will for sure check out your suggestions. Thank you!!

Ray Montgomery 970-434-6162 in Clifton CO (the Grand Junction area).

He has a good local reputation. Last time that I was there, he'd received two boxes from outside of the state. He said that it often receives guns from outside of the state.

It costs about 10 bucks to ship a gun via US Mail...I think.

John 14:6

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom