Utah Hunter Orange

desperatehills

Very Active Member
What is the law for hunter orange in Utah. I tried looking up the rules and regulations on the website and they wont be up till may 2011. I have a book cliffs muzzleloader deer tag and I want to be sure of the rules. Thanks

There is no orange requirement for Muzzleloader Hunts. For RIFLE hunts you have to have 400 sq inches INCLUDING a hat.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

MonsterMuleysLogo.png

Thanks for the replies, having this tag is a double edge sword. Its nice knowing you have a great tag for the fall with extra time to plan but it sure makes the time go sloooooooow.

I drew one of the Expo tags this year. Results are available the week after the event which was the first weekend in February

Only the hunter him or herself have to wear orange and ONLY during a centerfire rifle season. If any centerfire rifle hunt is going on the hunters no matter the tag they have need to be wearing orange. (per unit/area)

If there is a centerfire rifle elk hunt in progress in your unit, even though you would be muzzleloading after deer, you would still have to wear the 400 square inches of orange including a hat. Oh, and camo orange isn't allowed either. It has to be just plain ol' blaze orange.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

I will need to check but I think the rifle elk hunt is over and the muzzleloader elk hunt is at the same time as the MZ deer hunt.

I believe camo orange was approved last year. If i remember right there are moose hunts and youth elk hunts that overlap the muzzy deer and would require hunters to wear orange. There may be some early rifle elk hunts that are the same.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-01-11 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]If the Limited Entry Muzzy Deer tag is at the same time as the regular deer muzzy tag, the only hunt that will be going in the books during your hunt will be the LE muzzy elk hunt. Camo it up, no need to be decked out in orange for that hunt. Have fun, it is a good tag and the books have a lot of decent bucks on it. Try not to shoot the first 160 buck you see...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-11 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]2010 Utah Big Game Proc..."In 2009, the Utah Legislature passed a law that allows a camouflage pattern in hunter orange to meet this requirement."

Yes you can wear orange camo BUT the division encourages you to wear solid orange.

Good luck on your hunt. The Book Cliffs is a fun place to hunt.

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom