Utah LE Archery ELk Hunt Dates

redfrog

Does anyone know why the archery elk hunt date got pushed out of the rut? It seams to me that if their was a conflict that the rifle should have moved. It looks as though the hunt ends just as the rut is starting. How is that fair for and archery hunter that the person running around with the gun gets to hunt the rut and not the person with the bow. Just a thought I had since I have a LE archery tag.

I have not looked at the dates for this years LE archery elk hunts, I don't think that the archery hunt has ever been during the rute. Unless my memory is starting to fail me the archery hunt has always ended the first or second weekend in September.

400bull

It use to start later then the deer hunt and went to almost mid or just past. Those extra few days made a huge differance. I know it goes until the 11th which is close to the middle but it would be nice to have a few more days close to or in the rut.

reddog you have been miss informend.
The archery elk hunt has never been in the rut! It still has the same ending date as it always has but it has a week added on to the front of it giving you more time to hunt.

the last week of the archery hunt was given to those that drew a tag. This helps a little bit so those guys don't have to compete with the hoochie mama spike hunters.

on any bull units the season is longer and you can still hunt the last week.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Like SW Said the LE Archery hunt have never been during the Rut. And yes this is the earliest that the archery hunts can or will be with the way the DWR sets there season dates. The archery hunt starts the 3rd Saturday in August and goes for 4 weeks. This year August 1st happens to be a Saturday so the 3rd saturday is the 15th. Look at the calendar for next year. The third Saturday of August will be the 21st and the hunt will run until September 17th. That will be the latest that the hunt can be under the current system. So yes the hunt is earlier this year but that is not the DWR's fualt. Blame the calendar.

Your right. It just has to do with the way the dates fell in the week. Dang the 1st of August. O'well should be a good hunt anyway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom