utah le elk draw

AndymanSavage

Very Active Member
with the new tag distribution system in place, I was curious as to what hunts everyone put in for and with how many points??????

plateau boulder muzzleloader 4 points

Pahvant Archery 8 points

Good luck to everyone. I know we all could use some.

Cheers,
Pete

I'm not elligible for the draw until 2009. I drew the wasatch tag last year. Good luck all!!!!

Manti archery elk 9 points and moose 6 points( I think). Good luck to you all.

Chad

huntnfool, is that archery or any weapon?

I haven't seen any others put in for Pahvant archery so far on any of the newsgroups or forums.

If it's rifle that's still something like 1 in 40 odds or so. OUCH!

Good luck with it in any case.

Cheers,
Pete

It's any weapon. I've had several friends do the archery and now they wish they would've held out for the any weapon. The archery is a hard hunt but with the extra week in sept. could be a good year. I debated hard this year on the archery but held with the any weapon. I grew up in meadow right out of fillmore, and have hunted the pahvant my whole life. This is the 19th year I've been applying for that hunt. So I figure I've got to make it count since after I draw it I will never again have max points for elk. Your right the odds still suck. My odds are worse now that they were 5 years ago. My dad drew it in 1996 and took a bull that netted 374 3/8 missed the all time book by 5/8 of an inch. The kicker was the bulls 5ths were only 3 2/8 inches. If I didn't have max points I would definatly be doing the archery. I wish when the point system started they would've gave you a point for the unit you applied for and not just for elk any where. I would've had my tag years ago or been real close. In 1998 there were only 72 guys with max points and 590 total apps on this hunt. last year there were 205 with max and 2240 total apps...That sucks. I wonder how many of them have even been on that mountain. All I can do is play the game. Good luck on the archery, people have really been bailing out of that hunt.
Evan

Evan:

Good luck on your draw. You sound like me only a little smarter. I've jumped around units since I started to apply in 1985. My problem is I missed a few years by accident in there some how. Now I'm doomed to the archery only hunts, which is actually how I've been hunting exclusively anyway. I realize I may only get the hunt of a lifetime and not necessarily the bull of a life time.

Can I give you a call if I draw? I'm not familiar with the south end of that unit at all and only a bit with the north end up by Scipio.

Cheers,
Pete

Pahvant 1 point, gotta start some where,who knows maybe I'll win the power ball jackpot too!

Pete sure if ya pull a miracle give me yell on here and I'll point ya in a few directions. Maybe I'll hook up with ya while I'm down there scouting for my hunt. Ha Ha Now I'm pushing my luck thinking we both will get a tag.
ps. I'm still glad the 301 went away.
Evan

I'm with Hunt4elk. Drew a Monroe Archery tag in 2003, so will have to suck it up until 2009, and then just hope miracles still happen. Probably a once in a lifetime thing, but who knows, someone has to win, and you can't win if you don't play!!!
Good luck to all! Should be a great year with the moisture we are getting! And the archery hunts should be super with the last week being later than usual!
a*r

LOL Evan!

I am too, that way I don't have to argue about it anymore :)

Hopefully we'll be talking this fall to swap some video and big hunting stories/lies.

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom