Utah moose

inthehunt

I won the Ogden Moose permit at FNAWS last winter and was wondering if anybody had the scoop on the moose this year? I had been told numerous times to hunt late when the leaves are off so that is the plan. Any advice would be appreciated and paid back with any advice up here in MT! Sounds like there is a lot of private land in the unit. Wondering if any ranches allow hunting or a trespass fee?? Would rather not if possible but willing to listen to Utah experts out there.

Well I hate to pee on the parade but you won't be alone up there. 42 bull tags and 20 cow tags. I've been hunting with a buddy who has a tag. Quality is down from years past I've only seen/heard of small (less than 40") being shot so far.

I'll e-mail you

i have hunted 3 times on the ogden river and know the area pretty good but as far as this year haven't been up on the unit but one time this summer. if you got a map i could tell you the best areas on public to go. you should have posted this sooner. i just got back from hunting with a bow in montana. call after 8:00 my phone # is 435-279-1016 i did here that the fish and game transplanted moose again last year and i did not see near the amount of bulls on the winter range area last year. you are also going to want at least three horses to get your moose out unless you shoot a lesser bull near one of the roads which does not happen if you want a good bull. good luck trent