Utah NR Max Deer Points?

I am not sure what you mean by prove it ? The draws or I should say current point system we are using started in 1993. So this year max points will be 18 . If you want to look up what points you have. Go to the wildlife.utah.gov web site and look up drawing history. It will list all of the tags you have drawn and give all of the points you have.
I have 16 points for bison, But i put in for rocky mountain goat one year and have 1 point for rocking mountain goat.
They use to make you pay for your tags up front. One year things where a little tight and I didn't have the extra 800 to put in ,so there is my other point.
For deer points I have 6 . My waiting period for my elk permit. Elk I have 8 .
I understand I will loose my one RMG point coming up here in 2012. To keep my deer points I need to put in for elk and deer every other year to keep the points I have. I believe this is correct on the point system. If I have missed something please chime in !

Utah division of wildlife states that there are 19 non residents with max points for deer (17 points) I'm just curious how many of them visit MM? I know of one.

My understanding is that if you apply for any LE permit, you will NOT lose ANY points. You should not need to alternate species applications. But if you really appreciate the point system, you should become a non-resident...then you would be blessed with the ability to apply for ALL species in the state! :D

"But if you really appreciate the point system, you should become a non-resident...then you would be blessed with the ability to apply for ALL species in the state!"

I hear you, what an incredible blessing it is!:7

I have a friend who has max non res points he was pissed when they took the second tag from the henries rifel hunt,since they done that I think the amount of people with the max points is still the same It use to go down 1 every year.

Last NR deer applicant with max points (17 last year) drew last year, first Henry rifle second NR tag since the Expo started...So the new max is 17 this year. So, if they give a second NR tag this year again, the draw odds in the 17 point pool will be no worse than 1:19...

I'm at 15...maybe looking at a tag before the resthome...maybe not. But hell yes, I'm going if I have to run the roads in a wheelchair. Dead first may be a problem... :)

I'm at NR and at 15 too and I can only pray they give out 2 tags for both the muzzleloader and archery hunt.

17 NR's left with max points, 17, If nothing changes it'll be the year 2030 before a NR who currently holds 16 pts will have a chance at a max point pool tag for the Henries!!! You guys with 15 points or less better start looking at other units!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-06-11 AT 04:20PM (MST)[p]Did you guys see the 2 NR guys with max points that put in for Cache Crawford Muzzleloader deer tags together for years and never drew?

Not only is that a waste of all those points, it is impossible for them to draw... since one tag goes to Bonus (but they are a party, and ineligible) and there is only one tag left for Regular Draw (so they aren't eligible for that either).

They put in for those tags together for years (and never drew since it was impossible). They finally quit this year. I assume they jumped to Henry's.

Grizzly

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom