UTAH SOUTHERN GENERAL DEER

mistertwister

Was wondering what to do with 2 bonus points for southern general deer. Should I use them up this year or wait and accumulate for better times. Also what should I expect during that season; Deer #'s and sizes etc. Does private ground help?
Thanks

If you dont know the area then save em.

you can expect to see a few bucks if you put in some time. Nothing is a sure bet with any general tag in utah. The more you know about an area the better. There are definatly pockets that hold great bucks and if you have done your homework you will be ahead of the game. If you havenet then good luck, you might be in for just a truck/wheeler ride.

privite ground can help if you have access to it.

As for size most of the 3 or 4 points you might see will probably be 2.5 year old deer. 18-20" wide. If your lookiing for an older deer you will definatly have to put in some time. However they are there and are shot every year by some people just driving around. The good ones will take work but they are there.

good luck

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

If bowhunting was easy rifle hunters would do it...

Are the deer migrating from the north or are they resident deer. If it is migration, does that time of season correspond with the migration?

I am holding on to the 3 or 4 general preference points that I have, mainly because I have better states to hunt right now. However, these points may put me ahead of some other guys if Utah ever gets its crap together with this new 29 unit management plan and grows some good bucks (probably won't happen but I am hedging my bet).

I would not accumulate any extra points for a general Utah deer tag. I am sure these points cost some cash and there is no guarantee that Utah deer hunting will improve dramatically in the near future. IMO draw the tag asap and hunt!

I'll make it brief the southern region sux! And is in piss poor shape for years to come.

>I would not accumulate any extra
>points for a general Utah
>deer tag. I am sure
>these points cost some cash
>and there is no guarantee
>that Utah deer hunting will
>improve dramatically in the near
>future. IMO draw the tag
>asap and hunt!

I probably will never hunt a Utah general hunt unless the hunting does improve under the new management plan. The point only costs $10 and is barely an after thought when I'm getting raped on the other $130 in application fees and licenses each year in the Big Game Draw alone.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom