utah vehicle inspections #@%$&!!!

BLooDTRaCKeR

Very Active Member
8645hunting_2009_074.jpg

Ok, so I have a 2001 dodge, it is bone stock. The way it looks in the picture is the way it looked when I drove it off the lot in 2001 (except the tires are now mud terrain). I have maintained the same ride height and tire size it came with (265/75r16) because I do not want the hassle that comes with the lift laws.

This year (today) I took it in to get the safety inspection done in davis county and the dude fails me because he says I need mud flaps. (keep in mind that I took the truck to the same facility last year in the same condition it is in the picture and they passed it)

I asked the tech why and he simply said, "You have a lift on it and your tires are oversize from what it is supposed to have".

I told him my truck is no different today than it has been for the last 12 years worth of inspections. Why is this year any different?? He says, "I can't answer for those who passed it in previous years".

So,,,,We are required by law to have a safety inspection performed each year (depending on how new your vehicle is) Why do we have to put up with such random and inconsistant opinions from "state inspectors"?? Where is this golden rule book located that these techs base all their opinions off of???

Does anyone on here know where I can get a copy of the vehicle safety laws-and I want specifics, not the typical rule book that says,"check tires for unusual wear, cracks or tread separation, check windshield for cracks, etc, etc. I've seen those inspection books-vague at best...

Just my RANT for the day. If the state wants to keep the roads safer by requiring safety inspections, then they need to rein in the madness by making it fair for everyone. The damn rules need to be posted in BLACK and WHITE at every facility that is registered and qualified by the state to perform the safety inspections!

Just my RANT for the day....

I'll tell you what......now that i have moved from Utah to Idaho, i'd love nothing more than to see Idaho adopt inspection laws like Utah's......you should see all the garbage on the roads up here, it's literally scary!!
I see vehicles with windshields so broke and cracked that the rdiver seriously has to adjust his head to even see!! I see broken tail light every single day, horrible carburated emissions smoke bellowing out worse than Bessy's belcher. As i am sitting at red lights, i brace myself for rear impact from the fast approaching car with the rubber snubber holding the hood down and a windshield that looks like a spiders nest, praying he has brakes.......it's crazy up here!!

I believe mud flaps have to cover half way down the tire. I got a ticket in st. George cuz of that once. FLM

Traditional >>>------->

sounds like the utard doing the inspection Is stupid. dodges ride higher off the ground. put some flaps off and turn around and take them off

I cut the Ends off a set of Overload Springs because the way I had it loaded they hammered & Banged on every little Bump I hit!

It was just one Single overload Spring on each side of the Rear!

Well!

The DOT Inspector wasn't to Proud of the Ole cat over that Deal!

He said:WTH did you do that for?

I said:They wasn't doing any good & only making alot of irritating Noise!

JUDAS!

Then He says:Don't tell me they were not doing any good,I used to make Springs!

Pulls his big thick Code Book out!

Yup!

Tampering with Suspension!

No Warnings from this little Arrogant PRICK!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/highwaypatrol/safetyinspections/docs/2011-2012 SI PLT Manual.pdf

You took it to the state run facility in kaysville huh? That link gives you the manual. If it is stock and came from the manufacturer that way it is perfectly legal. If the dealer altered it in anyway it needs flaps and flares to cover the top half of the tire. If it is stock which it appears to be to me, then get ahold of a UHP safety inspection guy and they will resolve it. Just looking at the photo I would say it is fine.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-28-13 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p] I know that law well! You definately need mudflaps to cover the top 50% of the rear tires. I got 5 or 6 mudflap tickets(and numerous warnings) before I reluctantly put some on my truck. Anyone that is half way competant and understands trajectory can clearly see that covering the top half of a tire will NOT stop gravel from being thrown.

Slammy, will you please move back to Utardia where you belong so nobody has to listen to you b!tch and whine about Idaho anymore. If you don't like it here then get the he!! out.

Im glad we dont have to put up with that crap here in Idaho. We just get to put up with the people that want it to be like where they moved from.

I live close enough to where they come from, we are going to get emissions testing from them anyways. So if you don't like Idaho, move back to Utardia.

But the funniest one is the Californians that moved in 3 miles outside the city in the country and called the County to see how many weeks it would be before they would get their curb and gutter. LMAO

Put mud flaps on it they look nice, my ford ranger got dinged for the same thing once. I also got dinged by the same guy stating my hub was going out because my wheel had 1/16th inch play. Needless to say I did not change the hub but put on mud flaps, and the dumb A passed my truck. It is funny pretty much I went home, then decided I would buy mud flaps so I went to the parts store put them on in the parking lot and went back to the inspection facility. Probably 2 hours max time, lied to the guy stating I changed the hub and put flaps on and he checked it again and passed me. About two years later I changed the ball joints as that they started to have play, maybe it was the ball joints but most likely it was just a moron.

Wow I never knew Idaho was full of so many sensitive pu$$ies. You clowns are almost as bad as the California tender hearts. Take it back slammy so they don't cry. I can see where grown men would take offense to you alleging that piles of $hit are on the roadway.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Wow I never knew Idaho was
>full of so many sensitive
>pu$$ies. You clowns are
>almost as bad as the
>California tender hearts. Take it
>back slammy so they don't
>cry. I can see
>where grown men would take
>offense to you alleging that
>piles of $hit are on
>the roadway.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Wow i guess 1911.....these people are sensative up here, geeez!!
They must be the ones driving the junk i'm referring to.
Maybe they'll change their mind when they get hit by someone who doesn't have brake pads left on their shoes, and maybe they enjoy inhaling the blue smoke that taints all that clean Idaho air from all the carburated trash up here.
Oh well, it is what it is!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom