Utah water situation

BeDawg

With the state at around 85% of normal, how much do you think this years water or lack there of will impact antler growth?

I think when antler growth is taking place,most deer have moved up to higher elevations, where even in drier years there is usually enough moisture to make vegetation lush and full of nutrients. However, if you're talking areas where deer have no higher elevations to move to, and there is little new growth of vegetation, it impacts antler growth a lot.

Im no expert by any means but I've been seeing A LOT of deer still hanging out down low. Even in town still. With these temperatures lately nearing 100 degrees with the deer still down low makes me ask why???? These deer that I have been seeing have usually already moved back into their summer range. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that the mountains got little amounts of snow while the valley floors got pounded. So maybe there is more water down low still.

Either way it's pretty wierd.

Theodore Roosevelt's guidance concerning
conservation...
"The movement for the conservation of wildlife,
and the conservation of all our natural resources,
are essentially democratic in spirit,purpose and
method."

"We do not intend that our natural resources shall
be exploited by the few against the interests of the
majority. Our aim is to preserve our natural
resources for the public as a whole, for the
average man and the average woman who make
up the body of the American people."

"It is in our power...to preserve game..and to give
reasonable opportunities for the exercise of the
skill of the hunter,whether he is or is not a man of
means."

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom