Utah WOLVES

R

Ruger67

OK I know the wolves are in Utah, but now I'm hearing that their down here in the strawberry and diamond fork area. Ive got a few texts of pics of big ole tracks saying their from these areas but are they true. What's sad is Utah has a hard enough time managing are big game herds but now its going to be really tough if this is true. Is this true

I had a talk with a rancher or landowner over in Currant Creek who claims they have wolves and has even reported them to Animal Damage Control. I've known that ADC for Twenty or more years and had a talk with him about the comment on wolves in this area and so he said:

"I get calls about wolves and then go find a large coyote right where the wolf was and kill it. You know I fly more miles than most people doing my job and have yet to see one in this region."

Plenty of talk but like the Animal Control Officer I haven't seen any evidence of a single wolf let alone a pack..............

If there are no wolves yet, it's only a matter of time. They have destroyed our elk population in Idaho. It's a sad day.

Does Nevada?? Last week my two kids and I called in a giant almost totally black???? not assuming anything. I have called in and shot lots of dogs and have never seen anything that big or that color in nevada , i have in idaho though!!

I have seen the track in the mud in 1st water. Talked to two separate hunters who have seen the wolf. There is only one and has been there for a couple years. One of those hunters has a trail camera picture of it. I know another guy who has seen his track in the snow up diamond fork during the winter. I didnt believe it myself until i seen the tracks in the mud. Not a myth true. Fact hope we can get some coyote hunters to call it in and kill it.

We need not even let on there are wolves here just abnormally large unprotected coyotes.

>If there are no wolves yet,
>it's only a matter of
>time. They have destroyed
>our elk population in Idaho.
> It's a sad day.
>

Yup.

Talked to some pheasant hunters in Clarkston, UT on the opener who said they saw 2 wolves in the Clarkston area in the morning of the pheasant opener.

I also talked to a guy at school (USU) who said he saw a wolf archery elk hunting up right hand fork in Logan Canyon. There are many rumors, and I'm afraid of them being true.

WIDOW_MAKER

I remember hearing rumors of wolves around the Flathead valley in Montana when I was a kid. My dad saw a black one cross a logging road while grouse hunting and reported it to fish and game. They told him it wasnt a wolf and he pretty much didnt know what he was talking about. He said that if its just a big black coyote then he was going to try and kill it. They didnt like that much. This was before the wolf introduction in Yellowstone.

I have heard first hand reports of seeing a couple of them as far down as Nine Mile Canyon above Price. The source was reliable in my opinion as they would know a coyote if they saw it.

Heck a guy just treed a Jaguar in Arizona!! And you like to think we don't have wolves here? The truth is predators roam as far and wide as they have to in order to stay alive and find game. There is no "teritory" when it comes to a predator.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom