Vaccine experience?

Have you been vaccinated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got the shot because I wanted to, not because I was told.... It would make a difference if they did

I wear a mask because I want to, not because I have to.....it would make a difference if they did

If walmart says I can't shop there without a mask, I have a choice. But don't tell me I have to wear one in public

My job requires me to wear a mask. I have a choice, wear one and work or find another job.
Not going to give up 33yrs because I don't want to wear one. And if you do quit because of that I am sure they will be glad your gone.

My thoughts are inline with the flu shot, I get one every year so that if I do get it....it will be a milder version.

How many of the ones not getting vaccinated are wanting everyone else to get the shot so they don't have to....herd immunity.....you see it every year when a break out of diseases that can be prevented with a shot. But parents are counting on everyone else to vaccinate their kids.

Whether it'$ 10B, 25B, 35B, 50B,100B.......You are talking some serious revenue and Booster shots will add to it....what matters is that you understand how much $$$ drives what is happening today, and it's not only in the Health Care Field. Health care is easy money for those promoting and invested in it.

Now stop and watch some TV(History Channel is a good example) and ask yourself why you are seeing commercial after commercial about drugs and treatments that will help your $kin ra$h, but the side effects could be much more severe then the red rash on you ar$e. Why the hell would you take something that can cause serious side effects???

The narrative has changed over the last couple of decades. I am approaching Medicare decisions later this year. I get daily mail-in quantity- on what options I have for "additional" Part C insurance, Part D, Hmo yada-yada-yada from so many health care networks, you wonder what the hell is going on.

I handled my parents finances, health care and and decision making for them the last 10 years or so to help them. I have a good idea on most health care decisions that need to be made. They NEVER were swamped with mail and phone calls up until the last year or two before they passed over the last 18 months. I had to block many calls on their phone line so they wouldn't get several calls a day.

It's become a $$$ game more so today and the better half who was in the Health care profession for 38 years before she retired a few years ago says she has never seen anything like what we are seeing today.

Be smart, talk to your trusted doctor and do what you think is best. It's your call to some extent still.

Good Luck, I'm done here and have a good fall hunting season. That is where I will be spending my time-much more enjoyable that this stuff were dealing with.
No question pharma makes a ton of money. No question they're capitalizing on Rona.

That's why it's often unnecessary for people to spread misinformation, that guy could've just said the actual numbers and been accurate (remembering that the number is revenue and not profit)... there's no reason to be wrong when your macro point is correct.

It took two seconds to find out his numbers were wrong. He shouldn't have posted that tweet. That's literally an example of Fake News.

PS. I want big pharma to be profitable like I want all businesses to be profitable (as long as there of fair competition in the market place). When they're profitable, their stock and dividends go up and everybody makes money; even the average worker with a 401k or IRA almost certainly has investments in pharmaceutical companies. You may remember a previous President who loved to talk up the stock market, well those companies have to be profitable to get those rising ticker prices. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not inherently against companies making money. Dang you, capitalism!

Good luck on your hunts too.

No question pharma makes a ton of money. No question they're capitalizing on Rona.

PS. I want big pharma to be profitable like I want all businesses to be profitable (as long as there of fair competition in the market place).
One of the things that would control some of the outlandish drug prices & EXCESSIVE profits is the reduction in the 20-year drug patent statute to 5. With no competition, pharma has no reason to lower prices, especially on very popular drugs.

I take several medications for my COPD on a regular basis. Just my insurance co-pay amounts would be a bit under $100 per month. Retail with no insurance would be about $370 a month & there isn't two thimblefuls of actual medicine in the whole enchilada!

For the last 3 yrs., I have been getting a 3-month supply of the generics (not availble in USA) for $140 from Cipla in India thru Safemeds4all. Free shipping that takes about 1.5 weeks.

My albuterol rescue inhalers used to be less than $5 here until about 2016 when the EPA banned certain HFC propellants. Now the copay is about $15 ea. Since then I had been getting them on my annual trips to Mexico for less than $4 w/no prescription needed. But I no longer can travel, so I buy the ones with the legal propellant at a dozen per pop from India thru Safemeds4all for about $6 ea.

Last edited:

That's why it's often unnecessary for people to spread misinformation, that guy could've just said the actual numbers and been accurate (remembering that the number is revenue and not profit)... there's no reason to be wrong when your macro point is correct.

It took two seconds to find out his numbers were wrong. He shouldn't have posted that tweet. That's literally an example of Fake News.

PS. I want big pharma to be profitable like I want all businesses to be profitable (as long as there of fair competition in the market place). When they're profitable, their stock and dividends go up and everybody makes money; even the average worker with a 401k or IRA almost certainly has investments in pharmaceutical companies. You may remember a previous President who loved to talk up the stock market, well those companies have to be profitable to get those rising ticker prices. I guess what I'm saying is I'm not inherently against companies making money. Dang you, capitalism!

Good luck on your hunts too.
Yes....capitalism sucks. LOL.

I hear people talk about what a bad person Bezos is because he makes all of this money and he doesn't "donate" enough to charity. I tell them he doesn't need to. First off, he BUILT a company out of a garage and he morphed it into something most of us use because.....we are lazy!! Good for him, right? Also, how many tens of thousands does he employ? The rich do their part and they do get tax breaks because of the OTHER more obvious benefits that they offer to the working public....like jobs w/ perks (benefits). If we didn't have capitalism, what would we have?....more government dependency. No thanks!

I have to say that pharma is a different animal these days because the GOVERNMENT is pushing these drugs....not the capitalist....well, wait....ok, I get it.....the politicians are in fact the capitalists in this scenario but you get it, grizzly. Not a problem with companies making money but when the government is threatening our very livelihoods IF we aren't vaccinated is a bit problematic.

Never understood the constant stream of direct to consumer drug ads on the networks like it's a brand of chips or cola? Not like you can say... hmmm! - that drug looks good, think I'll go out and get some. Probably just a write off tool for these big pharma outfits to lower their net profit. I think the U.S. is the only country that allows this practice?

Never understood the constant stream of direct to consumer drug ads on the networks like it's a brand of chips or cola? Not like you can say... hmmm! - that drug looks good, think I'll go out and get some. Probably just a write off tool for these big pharma outfits to lower their net profit. I think the U.S. is the only country that allows this practice?
And most of the 'latest & greatest' being advertised are ones that most of the insurance companies consider to be 'top tier' brand-name drugs, i.e those with the very highest co-pays. Don't ask how I know this. :rolleyes:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom