Valle vidal

huntnrich

I have a question? I have the first archery hunt on the Vidal, I went down there scouting last weekend. I couldn't believe all the bears I seen, and the bear sign. My question is can I have a pistol with me in my camp when I pack in on a archery hunt? And my next question why on earth do they not hunt deer and bear there?

Thanks

if u have elk tag for VV and you can buy bear tag during properly license hunt elk!

look at proclamtion page 52

vinihunt

Vinny is right, I would just get a bear license. You will have to stick with the archery gear though. I wouldn't worry about carrying a handgun for protection, just keep a clean camp.

I went to Kodiak Island a couple years ago and was going to take a handgun for protection. A few experienced people asked me if I honestly thought I would have enough time or awareness to actually use it if a bear was about to have it's way with me. Well I didn't bother taking a handgun, saw a bunch of huge Kodiaks, even got bluff charged a few times to chase us off a deer we had just killed. It was unnerving as heck but, if I had the handgun would it have made a difference? I doubt it.

Have fun on the VV,
--Bill

Thanks for the great advice, I'll check it out about getting a bear tag. I seen a black huge bruin that looked like a black angus cow, he was huge.

I agree, get a bear tag. I was in bow range of 6 bears (5 color phase) in one day!!

Saw a bunch of bears when scouting for my wifes hunt a few years ago_Once the season started didnt see one.Think they have a calander lol

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom