Value of Grizzly hide?

bonedaddy

I came by a real nice grizzly rug mount and was curious if anybody knew what it could be worth. Its right about eight foot and in very good condition. I didn't kill it so it doesn't mean that much to me. If anybody has any input I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

I'm not sure. The guy I got it from said he paid 4000 to have it done. He may be full of sh!t though. Thanks for the info.

>A little off subject but what
>is the rate to have
>a hide made into a
>rug?

I had a average black bear made into a rug (mounted head) and i was $950 (+ or - $50). I think my taxidermist simply goes by black bear and grizzly bear, doesn't charge by size. However I did get a bison hide tanned and he charged by the sq. footage on that (no taxidermy, just hide).

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>I came by a real nice
>grizzly rug mount and was
>curious if anybody knew what
>it could be worth. Its
>right about eight foot and
>in very good condition. I
>didn't kill it so it
>doesn't mean that much to
>me. If anybody has any
>input I would appreciate it.
>Thanks a lot.

I'm not an expert on mounting grizzly rugs, but I did mount a beaver pelt once. It too was nearly an eight footer but wasn't in very good condition. Good thing for me I wasn't charged by the foot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom